Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can take pics of my 13 right now but it wont help you, unless you want them....
No that won't help. Justin thinks it went to the valve cover too, he says it's the same as connecting it to the intake tube. It doesn't seem to matter which way I connect them right now. Weird how they have me connecting the intake tube to the valve cover but I think those 2 locations (intake tube and where it's connecting to the TB) are like Justin said- the same thing. It draws air into the PCV system through the intake air, either at the intake tube or at the TB intake side.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No that won't help. Justin thinks it went to the valve cover too, he says it's the same as connecting it to the intake tube. It doesn't seem to matter which way I connect them right now. Weird how they have me connecting the intake tube to the valve cover but I think those 2 locations (intake tube and where it's connecting to the TB) are like Justin said- the same thing. It draws air into the PCV system through the intake air, either at the intake tube or at the TB intake side.

That's what I was thinking, too. The vacinity of that port is the same, it's just behind the butterfly whether it's on the actual TB housing or the intake.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, too. The vacinity of that port is the same, it's just behind the butterfly whether it's on the actual TB housing or the intake.
Yep. I left it connected to the intake tube since that's where the hose was routed and then plugged the fitting on the TB with a rubber cap. It didn't make any difference. But I did go out and started replacing the wiring adapters that I got off E-Bay and swapping them with the ones I got from Whipple. I had 2 sets and chose which ones to use. I've replaced 6 so far and #8 had a bent pin and was failed for sure. I'm checking the OEM wiring too, I read they have breaks in the wires sometimes. I started it up and it's better but not there yet. I also might be having a problem with the #8 plug wire. That's the one in the back passenger side that's so hard to get to. I got the plugs replaced but that wire didn't want to go on, can't get a good hold on it to push it on. Maybe there's a way to check with a multimeter to see if it's connected?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure what to do next. I replaced all the injector adapters and reinstalled the plug wires. Already took care of that hose on the TB. It runs the same. When I start it, the rpm's shoot up to about 3000 and then it dies. If I give it gas it will run but real rough. I've reached out to Justin @ BlackBear again to see if he has any suggestions.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure what to do next. I replaced all the injector adapters and reinstalled the plug wires. Already took care of that hose on the TB. It runs the same. When I start it, the rpm's shoot up to about 3000 and then it dies. If I give it gas it will run but real rough. I've reached out to Justin @ BlackBear again to see if he has any suggestions.

Did you do anything to try and see if that manifold is leaking?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you do anything to try and see if that manifold is leaking?
I have but it's running so bad it's hard to tell but I think it is. I sprayed TB cleaner around the intake manifold a few times and it seems to really have an effect on the passenger rear side and some effect on the driver rear side. I'm waiting to hear back from BBP. I want to rule out anything else before I undertake that. Not looking forward to removing the blower. Not at all. If it was running a little better it would be easier to check for leaks.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam. Just put a thick bead of RTV around it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia