I have a 6" lift, need help fitting 35x12.50R20 tires. Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
20hoe3

20hoe3

Reaction score
If you're close to rubbing control arm that is a bit different than rubbing liner, bumper, or fender. Basically wanting pictures to see where you're at now in terms of potential rubbing areas.

OK, got some new pictures this morning. Hope these help.

All pictures are drivers left front tire. Each set had a front and rear shot of steering wheel position.

Wheels straight ahead.
20161108_091752.jpg 20161108_091831.jpg

Steering wheel turned 1/4 to right. this is where my tires gets closest to front trim.

20161108_091908_001.jpg 20161108_091926.jpg

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like you could by with some trimming of the valance but I could be looking at things wrong.

OP
OP
20hoe3

20hoe3

Reaction score
Looks to me like you could by with some trimming of the valance but I could be looking at things wrong.

Yea for sure. If I go with a taller tire. I have no problem trimming. But as you can see I can't go wider in tire width because of tire distance from spindle with my current wheel. So I'm thinking if I can figure out what would be a good negative offset with a brand new wheel. IF, I'm saying this correctly, a new negative offset will push wheel out giving me more tire WIDTH clearance, now I can go wider in width. My goal as you already know is 35x12.50, why idk most Tahoe guys get away with it lol so why can't I? lmao , I like the look of a wide tire and a deeper dish. So yea I'll cut the front trim but the rear body/panel closest to fire Wall, I'm not fond of cutting. That's why I'm asking what can I do to go taller in lift to clear 35". Not fond of body lifts. Lol

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my front lower is trimmed 2" forward on angle. You can run a narrow 35 and get your height while not going too wide. their are a number of narrow 35 or metric sizes that ate 35-36" and not super wide.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my tahoe is a 6" suspention. i am running a true 35x12.5-20 TOYO on 20x10 Fuel wheels with a -28 offset. the front lower valance is trimmed at an angle of 2" the inner wheel well liners are trimmed flush to the bottom of the washer fluid tank (whatever that measurement is. and my keys are turned like 1.25 more than stock i think 1/4" and thats simply to make the truck sit dead level

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put cognito lift upper control arms, eBay keys, 2" coil spacer, and zone 1.5" body lift. Then run some 20x12 on 305/55R20

those control arms are $600
spacers are not safe DO YOU WANT TO KILL PEOPLE ?
body lifts are for little girls that like to be locked in tool sheds by fat old men

and a vauge wheel size helps nothing when PROPER OFFSET IS THE KEY element in this mathmaticl situation.

Taking into account the wheel height is not the only thing we need. you need width and offset because as the wheel turns the more the offset the more it hits your door jam and the less the offset and greater the width the more inner suspension rub that you get.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
those control arms are $600
spacers are not safe DO YOU WANT TO KILL PEOPLE ?
body lifts are for little girls that like to be locked in tool sheds by fat old men

and a vauge wheel size helps nothing when PROPER OFFSET IS THE KEY element in this mathmaticl situation.

Taking into account the wheel height is not the only thing we need. you need width and offset because as the wheel turns the more the offset the more it hits your door jam and the less the offset and greater the width the more inner suspension rub that you get.

Not trying to kill people but a lot of people run them with no issues. Even my lift came with spacers, fabtech sells them to level some kits, pro comp, and RC. Some are bolt in on frame on top of coil and others like fabtech are under the coil on axle to spring. If you wanted to go the safest route while running them get the RC 2" ones that bolt into the frame on top of the coil spacer. Haha just trying to help him out wit options to gain some extra lift using a barely noticeable BL. Agreed offset is the key but judging by the wheel test picture it appears to be a 20x12 fuel so I was suggesting run that rim with smaller tire and little more lift to clear. Another thing not helping him clear is the front track width increase with that CV spacer! Damn looks to be around 1.5-2". I would run some wheel spacers to even up track width too.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats because spacers and shock extensions are the CHEAP alternative to larger springs and proper stroke length shocks. I have 135k miles on my lift and 35s. only issues were 2 ball joints dieing from normal life and wheel bearings about 2.5 years or so needing replace. otherwise she rides smooth. i can take my hands off the wheel at 85mph and she tracks like a .50c hurraling 2,300 yards at a terrorists head to blow a hole thru it like a soft water mellon.

lube your suspension, replace broken parts when warn so other shit does not break and things roll smooth and last.

if you need taller rear springs order a set of the SKYJACKER 7" coils and you are good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts