Will Rough Country 4" NTD Silverado lift (front parts) work on a Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76Nick

Reaction score
So I want a 4" NTD lift on my 03 Z71 Tahoe but I can't afford to spring for the Tuff Country. Unfortunately Rough Country doesn't make a 4" for the Tahoe so my question is will all the front components from the Silverado kit work on a Tahoe? I already have a 3" spacer in the rear on my truck as it is. Everything looks the same on the Silverado and Tahoe 6" kit pictures as far as the front end lift parts. Thanks guys

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So I want a 4" NTD lift on my 03 Z71 Tahoe but I can't afford to spring for the Tuff Country. Unfortunately Rough Country doesn't make a 4" for the Tahoe so my question is will all the front components from the Silverado kit work on a Tahoe? I already have a 3" spacer in the rear on my truck as it is. Everything looks the same on the Silverado and Tahoe 6" kit pictures as far as the front end lift parts. Thanks guys
Yes it’s the same front suspension the only difference is the rear obviously where we have coils and 4 link vs leaf springs.
You could actually call rough country and tell them you just want the front component kit (front lift) and it may reduce the price a little bit for ya.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Yes it’s the same front suspension the only difference is the rear obviously where we have coils and 4 link vs leaf springs.
You could actually call rough country and tell them you just want the front component kit (front lift) and it may reduce the price a little bit for ya.
Thanks, I was almost positive everything was the same but I needed to be sure. Yeah I was thinking about reaching out to them. Not sure why they don't just offer a 4" kit like they do for the Silverado.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Thanks, I was almost positive everything was the same but I needed to be sure. Yeah I was thinking about reaching out to them. Not sure why they don't just offer a 4" kit like they do for the Silverado.
Yea me neither they sell the springs you could get to do away with the spacers also.if not I believe the skyjacker cr50 springs are 4” springs but double check that.
The rough country shocks suck look forward to changing them down the road with bilstein or foxs.
You shouldn’t need a rear trailing arm drop if your only going to 3-4” in the rear but check your left and right tire measurements to see if the rear end is centered if not you’ll need a spoohn adjustable panhard bar.
The 4” kit is essentially a 6” kit cranked down or without leveling keys to give that extra couple inches. Back in the day we would run the 6” rc with ford keys and stretch out 9” or more of lift although without a arm drops or ball joint spacers you’ll wear out your ball joints in no time.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Yea me neither they sell the springs you could get to do away with the spacers also.if not I believe the skyjacker cr50 springs are 4” springs but double check that.
The rough country shocks suck look forward to changing them down the road with bilstein or foxs.
You shouldn’t need a rear trailing arm drop if your only going to 3-4” in the rear but check your left and right tire measurements to see if the rear end is centered if not you’ll need a spoohn adjustable panhard bar.
The 4” kit is essentially a 6” kit cranked down or without leveling keys to give that extra couple inches. Back in the day we would run the 6” rc with ford keys and stretch out 9” or more of lift although without a arm drops or ball joint spacers you’ll wear out your ball joints in no time.
Thanks for the info! Yeah I didn't need to do anything with the track bar when I put the 3" lift on but I don't know what that extra inch will do. I know the 6" kit comes with the track bar relocation bracket. Although I probably should get the adjustable bar anyway as the stock track bar being in a different position rubbed against my aftermarket pumpkin cover and ground down a spot on 2 of the polished fins. I should have trimmed a spot on the track bar to prevent that from happening. I eventually want to get Bilsteins. Currently I am running the Pro Comps that came with my Supreme Suspensions 3" lift

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Yeah I didn't need to do anything with the track bar when I put the 3" lift on but I don't know what that extra inch will do. I know the 6" kit comes with the track bar relocation bracket. Although I probably should get the adjustable bar anyway as the stock track bar being in a different position rubbed against my aftermarket pumpkin cover and ground down a spot on 2 of the polished fins. I should have trimmed a spot on the track bar to prevent that from happening. I eventually want to get Bilsteins. Currently I am running the Pro Comps that came with my Supreme Suspensions 3" lift
I had good luck with my 5100s on my old round body style Silverado.
The panhard bracket would help get it away from the diff cover but would probably need the adjustable bar to get it perfectly centered again. I don’t have the bracket only the panhard and works fine with my application. I did run the rear trailing drop brackets though and that helped out with some unwanted highway shimmy at 70

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
So I just checked for the hell of it, as I did a rear end swap the same day as I did the 3" lift and my right tire sticks out more than the left...at least a 1/2" or more! Measured from frame to the tire. Looks like I will have to get that bar. That will fix that and re-center it? What type of damage am I doing driving it like that?

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
So I just checked for the hell of it, as I did a rear end swap the same day as I did the 3" lift and my right tire sticks out more than the left...at least a 1/2" or more! Measured from frame to the tire. Looks like I will have to get that bar. That will fix that and re-center it? What type of damage am I doing driving it like that?
No damage that I’m aware of unless your doing some hard off roading then you could risk the change of bending your trailing arms more so then anything.
I believe mine was 1.5” or more out of wack when I installed the panhard bar and drop brackets for the trailing arms it helped my ride out a lot when on the highway where before it would have this shimmy/vibration that would drive me crazy.
But I don’t think you’ll need the trailing arm drops just the panhard and if it still rubs the differential cover then rough country or fabtech can sell you just the bracket for the panhard bar
I’ve yet to do so because I was waiting for when I did my aftermarket differential cover so I had a good excuse.
IMG_0541.png
This is the bar and if you can’t find one for the 99-06 the 07-14 one will work for you as the suspension is the same in the rear.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all the help Trey! I will have to get the bar ordered. I called Rough Country today and its more money for me to buy just the front lift pieces so looks like I will have to order the whole lift. Also I just checked out those c50r springs and they are 5". I have seen 3" springs somewhere so I can get them and do 1" spacers if need be.

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all the help Trey! I will have to get the bar ordered. I called Rough Country today and its more money for me to buy just the front lift pieces so looks like I will have to order the whole lift.
No problem boss. Hey you could always pawn off the rear lift to a Carolina squatter pretty quickly it’s illegal here now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts