I have a 6" lift, need help fitting 35x12.50R20 tires. Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes sir ✋ lmfaooo are you tahoe patrol or some thing
I am someone with actual knowledge on the subject trying to help information seekers make an informed decision on safely lifting their vehicle.

Hunters05hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am someone with actual knowledge on the subject trying to help information seekers make an informed decision on safely lifting their vehicle.
I never asked you anything so your actually just a guy throwing his 2 sense in where it's not needed. Expecially because the fab shop that works on it is putting a fabtech lift on it next month and everything will be replaced. Thanks for the concern though

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never asked you anything so your actually just a guy throwing his 2 sense in where it's not needed. Expecially because the fab shop that works on it is putting a fabtech lift on it next month and everything will be replaced. Thanks for the concern though
Dear Hunter, I am able to put my 2 cents in anywhere in the forum I would like and I applaud you for doing a correctly setup lift. Unfortunately I am not really concerned with your actual truck but with people like OP who would like the correct information on how to lift their truck the correct way.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never asked you anything so your actually just a guy throwing his 2 sense in where it's not needed. Especially because the fab shop that works on it is putting a fabtech lift on it next month and everything will be replaced. Thanks for the concern though

loosen your panties for starters!
Second Yates works for an industry leading custom suspension company
Third - you are wrong
4th - you have 17 post and we have 19,### and YEARS of experience in the topic.
5th - MY SETUP HAS YEARS of use and over 100k miles on this setup with no issues.

WHAT IS so difficult people about doing the lift the correct way with the correct offset wheel. I gave you the formula and yet 2 days later we have a couple kids arguing about $89 dollar ebay keys still.

Hunters05hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dear Hunter, I am able to put my 2 cents in anywhere in the forum I would like and I applaud you for doing a correctly setup lift. Unfortunately I am not really concerned with your actual truck but with people like OP who would like the correct information on how to lift their truck the correct way.
And I'm just here answering his question.. all I did was tell him what I'm running. Yes there is better ways to do it but it's not near as bad as some people make it seem if you do it correctly and pay attention to your vehicle. What do you suggest for getting just 2 inches of lift other then spending way to much in cognito control arms?

Hunters05hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
loosen your panties for starters!
Second Yates works for an industry leading custom suspension company
Third - you are wrong
4th - you have 17 post and we have 19,### and YEARS of experience in the topic.
5th - MY SETUP HAS YEARS of use and over 100k miles on this setup with no issues.

WHAT IS so difficult people about doing the lift the correct way with the correct offset wheel. I gave you the formula and yet 2 days later we have a couple kids arguing about $89 dollar ebay keys still.
Lmao I could really care less just stated what I'm running and have been for 6 months without one ounce of problems.. i never once took away from his knowledge or experience. Please tell me what im wrong about? I think it's time for a new ****** bud

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I'm just here answering his question.. all I did was tell him what I'm running. Yes there is better ways to do it but it's not near as bad as some people make it seem if you do it correctly and pay attention to your vehicle. What do you suggest for getting just 2 inches of lift other then spending way to much in cognito control arms?
2" of lift is a hard thing to do but most can get by with 2" of lift, although it is harder on suspension components. Cognito arms do help with the BJ angle but fail to address the CV angles and most other components. I guess to answer your question; a diff drop of some sort with new upper CAs, extended sway bar links, and possibly the CV swap over mentioned before (honestly have no knowledge on the advantages on the CV change over mentioned) and you could do it but you are still going to have unneeded stresses. There is a reason that quality suspension lifts are designed the way that they are and utilizing the components they do.

BIGGERSHAFT94

Reaction score
so because i offered addition information on trying to solve a problem, means im offering unsafe information? i also have actual knowledge about lifted suspension, being that ive owned, installed, and had my own problems with lifts. i never told him he had to over-crank, i simply said that there are options for better parts if he so desired to crank more. So dont get all butthurt because im trying to help, if you dont like what i have to say, offer a better solution or ignore it. i dont bash people that i dont see eye to eye with and i surly dont expect a staff member to.

Hunters05hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2" of lift is a hard thing to do but most can get by with 2" of lift, although it is harder on suspension components. Cognito arms do help with the BJ angle but fail to address the CV angles and most other components. I guess to answer your question; a diff drop of some sort with new upper CAs, extended sway bar links, and possibly the CV swap over mentioned before (honestly have no knowledge on the advantages on the CV change over mentioned) and you could do it but you are still going to have unneeded stresses. There is a reason that quality suspension lifts are designed the way that they are and utilizing the components they do.
I completely agree (why I'm going fabtech over something like rcx) you and the other guy seem to think I'm arguing against that all I was doing was stating what I'm running currently for suspension and what size tires I'm clearing. I do appreciate the insight though

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so because i offered addition information on trying to solve a problem, means im offering unsafe information? i also have actual knowledge about lifted suspension, being that ive owned, installed, and had my own problems with lifts. i never told him he had to over-crank, i simply said that there are options for better parts if he so desired to crank more. So dont get all butthurt because im trying to help, if you dont like what i have to say, offer a better solution or ignore it. i dont bash people that i dont see eye to eye with and i surly dont expect a staff member to.
Dear Kevin, I am not bashing you and sorry you feel that way. My actual comment (or question really) was "You do realize that is only "kind of" solution out of many to over cranking?". I said that exactly because it is the truth, there are so many components that are effected by adjusting the torsion bars; different CV joints may address or help one part but ignore the rest, same with new upper CAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt