I have a 6" lift, need help fitting 35x12.50R20 tires. Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I would recommend him to look through jdpbr's thread about the wheels as he is running 20's with 35's on a 6" lift which is exactly what the OP is wanting to do.

Hunters05hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 6" Fabtech lift kit on my 2001 LT Suburban 1500 4x4 Autoride. With BF Goodrich A/T KO2's 285/65R18. Currently, I can turn all the way left to right no rubbing what so ever and fortunatly no trimming of plastic. Ride quality is amazing too.
(Fabtech recommends 305/70R16 with minor trimming of front bumper plastic trim.)

current gears GT4 = 3.73

I can't understand why my 6" lift isn't as tall as most of your lifts on here on the forum. You guys fit 35x12.50 tires all day.

What I want to do is get another set of black wheels and put a set of 35x12.50 tires on them. I feel my tires look to small. In order to do that correctly I have to go taller by at least 2-3". And yes, I would have to upgrade front and rear diff's to 4.56's and get a tune. Great more $$$$$

Don't really want to do a 3" body lift.

Has anyone ever put torsion keys and rear coil spacers in addition to a lift kit? Is it safe? Or possibly create bad driveshaft angles? Idk... any advise would be great.

I also thought of changing brands of lift but its already cut up under there for fabtech and a lot of other brands need what was cut out. LOL SMH

View attachment 69067
I'm running 35x12.5 r20s with just new keys and I do that rub to bad really just in reverse and at full turn

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running 35x12.5 r20s with just new keys and I do that rub to bad really just in reverse and at full turn

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

I believe he is against over cranking.

BIGGERSHAFT94

Reaction score
if you crank further and dont like the cv angles you can throw cv's from a 08 silverado in and ditch the spacer. they bolt right in and give better angles.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you crank further and dont like the cv angles you can throw cv's from a 08 silverado in and ditch the spacer. they bolt right in and give better angles.
You do realize that is only "kind of" solution out of many to over cranking?
I'm work at advance everything gets replaced long before it goes bad expecially suspension parts and I haven't noticed any excessive where
I will await suspension pictures before commenting further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts