Anyone have a door fill up with water?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This scares me. I'd hate to get water in mine like that, sorry you had to have that happen! But that's good that it has been taken care of.

Mary

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doors filling up with water too!

We have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and We had a heavy rain last night and this morning when I left, I too heard the water sloshing coming from the rear passenger side door! So, turned around, went back home and sure enough it was literally FILLED with water! So, checked the other doors and every one had water in them, but the rear two seemed to be the ones holding the most. So, had to open up all 4 doors and let them all drain out! Not happy!!! Now I'm concerned with rust, obviously, and what about the power window components?! I am going to report this to Chevy...everyone else should too! Maybe a recall to fix perhaps too small drain holes...could come of it...IDK.(just a thought)

Mary

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can submit a complaint/report here http://www.nhtsa.gov/ you can do it online. I think water filling doors could pose a saftey risk of electrical shock! I reported this yesterday. Also did a 2nd report on the piece of crap door handles that keep breaking off! Im sorry...you pay 55K for a nice truck I dont think its too much to expect quality door handles! As for the saftey concern...what if you were involved in a crash, unconsious, and someone runs to your aid, quickly pulls the handle, and it breaks off the door?! Now the window will have to be broken, causing another saftey issue with flying glass...know what I mean? So everyone with problems NEEDS TO REPORT THEM! this is how things get improved because we all know the car maker isn't going to do anything until MADE to!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a pretty big problem for the NNBS trucks. yikes. is the speaker inside the door like the older trucks?

My right rear door filled up with water and shorted out the speaker. Probably had about 1 1/2 gallons of water came out.

The drain holes in the front doors are way bigger than the rear door probably because the way the door is cut to accomodate the short wheelbase of the Tahoe.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
damn.. i probably wouldnt suggest drilling new holes either, i think that would be more of a rust issue.guess you need to keep checking the drain plugs daily lol

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, this finally happened to me. I started noticing small wet spots in my garage under the corner of the door when the rest of the garage floor was dry. I opened the door and saw the drain was plugged with dirt/sand. I got a plastic zip tie and shoved it up in there and moved all the dirt out of the way. There was probably 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water in the door. I also noticed some tiny rust bubbles forming under the paint just above the bottom of the inside of the door.

After it drained I took the air compressor to it to try to blow out most of the remaining water, then sprayed a bunch of WD-40 in there. Hopefully that will coat the inside of the door a bit and keep the rust from spreading very quickly. I'm sure some rust holes will develop within the next couple/few years, though. Pretty friggin lame.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Welp, this finally happened to me. I started noticing small wet spots in my garage under the corner of the door when the rest of the garage floor was dry. I opened the door and saw the drain was plugged with dirt/sand. I got a plastic zip tie and shoved it up in there and moved all the dirt out of the way. There was probably 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water in the door. I also noticed some tiny rust bubbles forming under the paint just above the bottom of the inside of the door.

After it drained I took the air compressor to it to try to blow out most of the remaining water, then sprayed a bunch of WD-40 in there. Hopefully that will coat the inside of the door a bit and keep the rust from spreading very quickly. I'm sure some rust holes will develop within the next couple/few years, though. Pretty friggin lame.

Exactly what i did and what happened to me...the whole curved edge aroudn the wheel in the rear doors seems to have few bubbles forming...nice engineering on the doors GM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman