Anyone have a door fill up with water?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will drain hen the door is hut like it should, instead of build up and only drain when the door is opened.

Yes, it drained when shut and open after I drove it and stopped the truck -- but obviously DIDN'T drain while it was sitting parked for 2 weeks. That's the part I don't completely understand. Either the seals JUST failed, or the seals CAN'T drain at a certain angle, or it required me to slosh the water around in such a way that got it to start draining, or... Who knows what. All I know is that it can't be a good condition.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I just went and looked at mine and don't see a drain, where is it?

Tcwhite

Reaction score
yes this has happened to me on both rear doors. Somehow the drains on the bottom get plugged with trash. I stuck a screwdriver threw enough to release the water. One time it was filled at least half way up the door after a heavy rain.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better in your door than in your headliner with the good ol leaky GM sunroof. Never forget after it poured for days driving my old truck (not parked in the garage) to a job interview all suited up and having water pour out from the sunroof soaking me.

900sub6.0

Reaction score
The window seals are not designed to be completly waterproof. The window is movable. Here is a pic of one of the drains on the right rear door.

Attachments

• IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 284

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, now I will make sure mine are good to go.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post a follow up today when I get the truck back, but the tech did call me yesterday and mentioned something about an "air deflector" (or something to that effect -- again, I'll confirm the proper term later) blocking something...

Sounds to me like there is a piece in the door that became out of position and maybe blocked the path down to the drain(s) in the bottom of the door. Makes some sense.

As soon as I get the truck back, I'll get a confirmation of exactly what the different parts are called, and what happened to lead to the condition.

ProStreetCamaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright cleaned mine out and water poured out of both rear doors. Then sprayed WD40 up into the holes to help displace any moisture thats in there. I may end up drilling a few extra holes down along the bottom to promote better drainage in the future.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops -- Got it a little wrong. It was a "water deflector" that got stopped up in the door. They cleared it. Not sure if they "replaced" it or just "cleared" it, but it had gotten clogged with crap, apparently. So, hopefully I'm good to go for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076