Drivers door sounds loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon. I am getting a sound that is similar to the door not being latched entirely if I hit a bump or significant seam in the road. I have checked it numerous times in the seat both driving and sitting still with door closed. I can do a quick open and close at my next stop to make sure it's securely closed and it doesn't help.
Inspection reveals no warp or impediment to closing. Hinge point shows no visible issues or wear.
With Door open I get no jiggle or movement on the hinge point.

I had a similar issue on a Miata door where the latch on the car was out of position and just needed to be adjusted inward to hold door tighter (it was allowing lateral movement and latch and hook were clunking)

This issue sounds identical as if door is moving laterally. Is there a way to tighten up the catch point between door and frame.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
Bluerdg

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had to update my photo after seeing yours. Hopefully, I can get some info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo