Anyone have a door fill up with water?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize taking your time cleaning the bottom door seals stop this problem from happening, I popped out the door seal wiped out all the debris and used a shop vac and sucked out some stuff on the mini hole. Been raining heavy where I live no water build up so far ☺☺

The guitar zombie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my Yukon 2009 Denali has this. The window seals at the rear bottom corners are to blame. Roll the window down and check them. Poor pressure, poor design. They give the seal design to their flunky engineers. Both of my doors, in a good rain, "fill" up. The bottom molding inside the door snaps out, creating a spigot for a good 3/8" of heavy flow for about 30 seconds. No one should have to screw with this on a $50,000 +truck.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not really a seal on the window, more of a felt strip to help the window slide up and down and keep leaves and such out. That is why they put tge drains under the door so it leaks out, keep the drain clean and your good to go.... same things on hatch but there is a seal there....but they realize water will get in and compensate by adding 'drains'.....my 2 cents

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I too disovered water holding tanks in all 4 doors of my '12 Tahoe. Took into to Chevy garage. Svc Mgr had body shop pull all four panels, dry out the interior carpet, and re-glue inside dampening material in the doors. Evidently the adhesive failed and now they're having to reglue that material up, out of the way, of the draim holes. And when I open doors on the truck after a rain, I get four little streams of water for as long as it takes to draim the holding tanks. Bleah!

ahunn

Reaction score
I just noticed the same thing on my hoe. It sounds like all four doors. I'm gonna head out in to the cold this morning and check the drain plugs. This is ridiculous.

Incognito

Reaction score
We’ve been getting unusual amounts of rain here lately and noticed my back doors were full of water. Went to clear the drain holes and noticed they had caps on them! WTF? Took them off and had about a quart of water each. Why would they cap off a drain hole?
A1080579-7042-43-B2-A083-755-E35-B31539.jpg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just been cleaning the little holes at the corners. Going to have to look for those caps and remove em!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is an interesting development! Whenever I detail a GMT900 shorty suv for a client I always open the drain holes at the bottom immediately after wash and dry to get the water out. Though I do it with all the long bodies too. Doesn’t brut to be sure the truck is dry after I hand over keys lol. On the GMT900 vehicles I’ve detailed the lower weather stripping rubber pieces attach to the bottom of the door jamb area via a snap grommet and grommet goes into the drain holes in the bottom corners of the door! I’m like “that’s a really dumb design no wonder they fill with water so much….” Though I’ve never had that much water come out of the door after a wash lol.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve been getting unusual amounts of rain here lately and noticed my back doors were full of water. Went to clear the drain holes and noticed they had caps on them! WTF? Took them off and had about a quart of water each. Why would they cap off a drain hole?
View attachment 402442
I did the same with thecopcar. Rear doors were drenched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645