Anyone have a door fill up with water?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just got back from being away for two weeks. The Tahoe was parked as it normally is in the driveway the whole time. I know it rained when I was gone, but don't know just how much. Anyway, I head out for coffee yesterday morning, apply the brakes around the first corner, and I hear this loud sloshing sound. Sounded like it was coming from the right rear of the truck. I can duplicate is by applying the brakes firmly and by accelerating quickly. I pull over into a parking lot, go around to the rear passenger door, open it, and sure enough the thing has a ton of water IN it. Interestingly enough, the way the truck was sitting when I pulled over (which seemed pretty level) allowed the water the begin draining out of a seam (?) in the rear corner of the bottom of the door. I recorded the sloshing and draining on my phone.

Anyway else ever get this?! I've got some warranty issues I need to have taken care of, and I'm adding "REAR PASSENGER DOOR FILLS WITH WATER" to the list...

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES!!
ha finally someone else with this problem. I too just figured it out a couple weeks ago, and before that i was getting confused when i would hear a sloshing around on corners or accelerating fast. At first i thought i had a bottle of water lodged under a seat or something, but then one day figured out it was the back passenger door. At one point i wouldnt doubt i had a gallon of water in the door as it took about 10 minutes to drain! But what i cant figure out is how the water is getting in there!

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! Oh, man... Amazing. What's weird is that 1) it's obviously rained a ton in the past year of ownership, and 2) I park in my same driveway the same way every night. The only thing that was different was the fact that the truck sat undriven for two weeks. Does that mean that I always get SOME water in the door, but that by driving the truck daily it just kind of leaked and out and didn't build up? I don't get it. There's a slight pitch to my driveway, and so the front sits slightly higher than the back when parked. does this mean that truck will take on water and not let it drain unless it's sitting perfectly level?! That can't be right either, can it?

I'm really interested to see what they say about this...

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy S.... I've never had that issue with mine... I wonder how long it will be until rust bubbles start showing up on your doors! :Boo:

900sub6.0

Reaction score
The window seals will always let a little water in. The problem is on the bottom of the door, there are a couple slotted drains that are probably plugged.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The window seals will always let a little water in. The problem is on the bottom of the door, there are a couple slotted drains that are probably plugged.

...Which suggests that the window seals are letting in crap as well, right?

YELO -- That's exactly what I'm thinking. Holding water in there for any length of time can't be a good thing. And if there ever is any sign of rust, I want it documented now.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah unplug the drais at the door bottom and you should be good.
Seems like this is happening lot on these NNBS models.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is it going to be able to drain while the door is shut or are we going to have to open the door after every rain?

I want mine documented too, its raining here today so when and or if it lets in enough water im going to the dealer and have them mark it down!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes it will drain hen the door is hut like it should, instead of build up and only drain when the door is opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf