Any interest in 4wd front coilovers to replace the tbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been making these for a while but wanted to see if there was any interest on this forum for this sort of thing. Its a bolt on kit that allows you to use aftermarket coilover shocks instead of the factory torsion bars on 4wd gmt800 trucks/suvs. These can also be used with existing lift kits, the only thing they require is the factory LCA. If you want your lifted tahoe to ride better, this is a very good option.

I did this on my truck (99 silverado) and have about 1000 miles on it and it works great. I have mine set up for drag racing so the CVs are perfectly level, but the same idea will work if you want to go lower or higher. You can get around a 4" drop with the factory spindle and LCA, or a 3-4" lift in front with the factory hardware. And the best part is you have dozens of spring rates and shocks to choose from so you can have your truck ride exactly how you want it. Weight savings is about 40lbs but that wasnt really the point of me making these.

I am at work so I cant post pictures, but they are fully welded 3/8" steel with 1/2" grade 8 hardware and powdercoated flat black. I sell the seperate lower bracket (which you need), and an upper bracket that reinforces the shock hoop (optional). Both together are $350 and either seperate is $200. The whole swap can be done for around $700-800 depending on what parts you use (brands of shocks/springs). I only sell the brackets.

Anyway, let me know if there is any interest and I will post up my full write up. I sell these on a couple other forums, mainly GMFS and performancetrucks.net.

I am new to this forum, but not to others, im a supermod on PT with close to 10k posts, and have almost 7k on FSC and about 1k on gmfs.

Thanks

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an idea to make the top mount better. would you think to weld in 2 sleeves in the frame so when you tighten it down it wont collapse the frame?
some simple 1" round stock with a 1/2" hole welded flush on both sides with the frame.
it would make the upper mount bullet proof.

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an idea to make the top mount better. would you think to weld in 2 sleeves in the frame so when you tighten it down it wont collapse the frame?
some simple 1" round stock with a 1/2" hole welded flush on both sides with the frame.
it would make the upper mount bullet proof.

I have thought about that, but there is no easy way to get to the inside of the frame to weld in a support sleeve. That is also more involved for the user to install, it will obviously be stronger, but as soon as you say "welding" it scares a lot of people away. If you are going to weld things, may as well just weld the bracket to the frame directly instead of bolting through it.

I want to reiterate its important when the holes are drilled for the bolts the top part is up against the factory shop hoop. My brackets reinforce this factory peice, not bear the full weight by themselves which I why I call them reinforcement brackets.

I'll take a set!

Sent you a PM ;)

Bigvern55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im intrested but what about us guys with a leveling kit i have a 3 inch level up front my guess would be larger shocks and coils to do the lifting but would it screw up the angles to the cv axles i have a 2002 z71 tahoe and am very intrested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts