Any interest in bolt on front hitch receivers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Alex_M

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory, yes, but let's just say my trailer is used a little harsher than most. That would be putting it lightly.

And the same rings used on the bumpers I've built have been used in recovery scenarios. Both static pull such as with a winch as well as in harsh shock loading scenarios. Kinetic rope when it's been available, but also static straps and *gasp* chains when it was the only [immediately available] option.

Let me qualify that by saying, highly not recommended. I myself would be much more hesitant to use a chain in a shock load scenario than I was in my younger days. However, point stands, the rings and their mounting are plenty strong for the designed use case as implemented.

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory, yes, but let's just say my trailer is used a little harsher than most. That would be putting it lightly.

And the same rings used on the bumpers I've built have been used in recovery scenarios. Both static pull such as with a winch as well as in harsh shock loading scenarios. Kinetic rope when it's been available, but also static straps and *gasp* chains when it was the only [immediately available] option.

Let me qualify that by saying, highly not recommended. I myself would be much more hesitant to use a chain in a shock load scenario than I was in my younger days. However, point stands, the rings and their mounting are plenty strong for the designed use case as implemented.
I agree - chain should technically NOT be used in a shock load scenario such as mud recoveries. But I have, as a teen. Not wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20