Any interest in 4wd front coilovers to replace the tbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would it effect your angles? it's already lifted. your just using the coilovers to replace your bars and shocks. angles wont be changing unless you lift it more.

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, as long as you dont move the UCA from the factory spot you can fit a coil spring in there. If you set it to the same height as you had with the torsion bars the angles will not be affected.

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purposely over built them really....3/8" steel is some pretty stout stuff! The lowers are doweled so there isnt just a weld supporting the weight.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to change it up and replace my 3/5 drop with a lift and 35's. I like the idea of a coilover suspension for the nice ride but I want to make sure I understand this correctly... you say a guy can get 4" of lift with no problem. so in my case, in order to lift it, I need to buy new lca's bc my stockers are gone. I was going to just buy new factory lca's and put the rough country 6" on them, but if I understand correctly, it sounds like I can just get new lca's and your brackets and some coilovers and then some 4" coils and shocks for the rear and be g2g? Seems to me that I could have the look of keys/spacers and room for 35's but with a much better ride... sound about right?

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lower brackets work with the factory LCAs only. You could probably trade someone if you get rid of yours and maybe make a little off yours.

4" is probably a little agressive, but I would say 3" is very resonable. Keep in mind you will have the same steering componement and joint issues as a torsion bar lift of that height. If the rough country kit includes a lift spindle I believe the coilover conversion will still work, but the only things I have tried it with are stock components.

I have never messed with the tahoe rear suspension so I wont be much help there.

Does that answer your quesions?

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think maybe I just rambled on a bit too much... lets just say I want to do the ford keys and rear spacers to fit 35's, thats usually a 2-3" lift front and rear. So instead of cranked keys in the front, I can just use a coilover with stock front hardware to achieve that 2-3" lift? I shouldnt have even mentioned the rear, sorry for the confusion

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that is correct. Instead of cranking the bars you get rid of them and replace them with coilovers.

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this thread kind of fell off where the street one took over, but I wanted to update this one and say I developed some lifted style upper brackets last year that allow you to bolt the coilover shock directly to the bracket instead of aligning with the factory shock. What this does is moves the shock mounting point forward away from the UCA which is the tightest clearance for guys with lift kits. There have been a couple lifted guys on other forums install them and they all work for them with 4-6" lift kits. I know there arent as many lifted tahoe guys, but thought I would mention it in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645