Steering Resistance - What to Replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

claustralia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never heard of TurnOne before, but if I ever do plan to rebuild my OEM rack, sounds like that is the place to do it!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
website for turnone incase anyone is curious.

Luckly I can live with having my tahoe down for a few weeks.
The real pita was making my own box for shipping, hopefully they made it easier.

Also google them, tons of articles about their work.
when it comes time, I'll probably send them my power steering pump along with the rack.

OP
OP
C

claustralia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: I finally got the Yukon in for an alignment at a very reputable shop. They corrected the caster, which did help, but the steering return still isn’t where it needs to be. This shop thinks I’m losing/lacking pressure and suspects it’s either the rack or the steering pump. I asked if they were to put money on it and they said rack. I know I could go to the ‘stealership’ to find out for sure but I think that would set me back at least 200 (half the cost of a new rack) to test all the pressures. I think I’m going to throw a new rack on there and pray. I’ll report back whenever I get around to it. New alignment sheet attached!IMG_1009.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I finally got the Yukon in for an alignment at a very reputable shop. They corrected the caster, which did help, but the steering return still isn’t where it needs to be. This shop thinks I’m losing/lacking pressure and suspects it’s either the rack or the steering pump. I asked if they were to put money on it and they said rack. I know I could go to the ‘stealership’ to find out for sure but I think that would set me back at least 200 (half the cost of a new rack) to test all the pressures. I think I’m going to throw a new rack on there and pray. I’ll report back whenever I get around to it. New alignment sheet attached!View attachment 425804
That's plausible to me. It's a pretty easy job ion you have an impact wrench. Rock Auto has the best prices on new that I've found.

OP
OP
C

claustralia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a replacement rack. Rockauto finally stocked the ac delco reman'd rack for $490. Hoping to get it installed this weekend and will let yall know if it fixes my issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar