05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got caught back up with your work after seeing the HD grill on there. Sad that the black housing lights didn't look better.

Truck looks great! I hope to have some free time on my break from school to get some stuff finished on mine (finally), but also discovered some rust in the left rear quarter behind the wheel. I was putting off the heavy paint ouch up you did, but it may now be unavoidable.

Also, I've started drinking coolant, so it might be all for naught.

Great job @05Single everything looks amazing!
Don’t drink that, you’ll die!

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks means a lot :cheers:. Yea the paint correction is a task but it's like a diet, the hard part is just starting it. After you're done you'll be glad you did it.

And thanks for the coolant tip, maybe now I can drink that and finally grow a full beard20171219_103433.jpg

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Color matched front end. No warping of the bumper cap and front and rear chrome bumpers are still looking good, as is the grille. Maybe I just got lucky. Do et!!

View attachment 189724
I want to trust me, but I've seen lots that don't change form and I've seen lots that do. Of course I have no pics lol.
We'll see this spring. Might leave cap black. And more I think about painting the chrome myself the more confident I am becoming. I've wanted to wrap it but I know it won't match well and it'll just disappoint me.
Sounds crazy but I'm excited to declad these wheels first.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Holidays were insane.
Late post, but yea the Christmas light set up. Those icicles move in in sync with 20 different patterns. Pretty happy with the white theme, still best in the neighborhood.....every year:gr_grin:20180103_174025.jpg 20180103_174047.jpg
Still have the revolving merry Christmas projector light on the garage.
20180104_083319.jpg 20180104_083300.jpg
Next year need to include my boring neighbor.:hmm: He buys lights I'll even put them up

Also the star in the window is a traditional Filipino Christmas star my wife had me put up. Hand made, stupid expensive, it's cool part of the wife's heritage. I'm always down with that.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holidays were insane.
Late post, but yea the Christmas light set up. Those icicles move in in sync with 20 different patterns. Pretty happy with the white theme, still best in the neighborhood.....every year:gr_grin:View attachment 189944 View attachment 189945
Still have the revolving merry Christmas projector light on the garage.
View attachment 189952 View attachment 189953
Next year need to include my boring neighbor.:hmm: He buys lights I'll even put them up

Also the star in the window is a traditional Filipino Christmas star my wife had me put up. Hand made, stupid expensive, it's cool part of the wife's heritage. I'm always down with that.

Very nice! i had a feeling your Christmas Light setup would be as cool as your Tahoe lighting :)