ZW7 suspension (Smooth Ride) rides high in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duworm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon XL with 78000 miles. Glove box indicates ZW7 suspension and visual appears to match the ACDelco shoc 540-435. Appears to be of he same amount of visual wear and tear as the rest of the underside. paper labels have worn to the point you cannot read them.

The shocks appear to be dampening well, and there is no bounce after compression and let go.

The rear end rides rough and sits 3 and 1/2 inches higher than the front. (center of wheel to highest point of the fender arch.) Visually the running boards do not parallel the road.

So these nivomat shocks are supposed to level the ride. Are they supposed to level the ride when the Yukon is unloaded?

I just purchased this ride used and it is in pretty good shape. It just does not ride a smooth as the suburban it replaced.

Does anyone have any suspension ride dimensions for this configuration?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Sherman

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you also have the G65 code? if not then you do not have the Nivomat self leveling rear shocks. there has been some chat recently on here about the ZW7 stuff, seems most of us have the regular blue shocks.

I would probably bet that your front struts are worn and that is where the bigger difference comes into play.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you also have the G65 code? if not then you do not have the Nivomat self leveling rear shocks. there has been some chat recently on here about the ZW7 stuff, seems most of us have the regular blue shocks.

I would probably bet that your front struts are worn and that is where the bigger difference comes into play.

Andrew, Sherman ain't been around in like 5 years, probably doesn't even own it anymore. If another guy with the same question were to come along, I'd tell him to throw some weight in the back, I had 80 pounds of charcoal back there for a few months after hurricane season along with all my towing gear and even that helped to settle down the ride some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts