Z71 Tire Replacement Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Psycho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry guys for starting another tire thread. But I know there are some members that are good with answering questions like I have.

My Z71 came has Bridgestone Dueler P265/65R18 tires and these that I currently have are cupped, noisy, and ready for replacement. As of now I'm leaning towards going with some Firestone Destination A/T's (not LE's but AT's).

However. I'd like to know from those of you that have replaced the tires that your Z71's came with, I'm curious what tire you bought, and why? Would you recommend the tire you bought, and would you buy the same set of tires again?

Also where would you recommend buying tires from if on the internet?

clayp

Reaction score
I have been very happy with Destination A/T's on my Z71 Silverado. They last a decent amount of time and have very good grip in mud. I accidentally drove into a wet muddy field while towing my race car and was able to drive out without too much drama. Every other tow rig I saw got stuck

OP
OP
Z

Z71Psycho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been very happy with Destination A/T's on my Z71 Silverado. They last a decent amount of time and have very good grip in mud. I accidentally drove into a wet muddy field while towing my race car and was able to drive out without too much drama. Every other tow rig I saw got stuck

How noisy would you say they are when traveling on the highway?

clayp

Reaction score
How noisy would you say they are when traveling on the highway?

I'll be honest I either drive with the windows fully open or with the stereo cranking. I never drive with the windows up and no stereo. My last set got noisy after 50k miles and the new set is quiet as a mouse. I have longtubes, ORY pipe, and Magnaflow on the truck though. I would probably never hear the tires unless they got really loud

OP
OP
Z

Z71Psycho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe has the stock wheels and stock tires size which is P265 65R18.

Would I be ok if going up to a P275 65R18 tire? Also curious if anyone has a pic with the P275 65R18's mounted on their tahoe?

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure 285 will fit with no problem. You could even get a 305 in there.

Enviado desde mi VM670 usando Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny