Z71 Fog HID ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the Sylvania Bulb Replacement Guide only gives the following:

Fog/Driving light

Does this apply to the Z71 fogs as well?

I would go out and check for myself but I am currently out of the country for work and I want a present for myself when I get home!

Already going to order the Raptor kit - H11 from DDM for the headlights.

Thanks in advance!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah it does apply to them as well. 5202 is also known as H16.

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Modded!

so does this seem like a good order?

All from DDM tuning...

Low Beams - Raptor Kit - 35w, H11 bulbs

and

Fogs - Raptor Kit - 35w, H16 bulbs

...should I do relays?
...if I went with 55w for the low beams and 35w for fogs, do they show a big difference?
...35w shouldnt melt the z71 housings right?

BTW...sorry for the simple questions but mechanical I can do...electrical I shy away from! and i know there a a million threads about this stuff but couldnt really find much on the Z71 fogs

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you do not need any relays. Yes, you will notice a difference between 35w and 55w. I don't know about you, but that would drive me crazy! Aren't the Z71 fog housings glass? I thought you could run 55w in low and fog on a Z71 with no issue, but I could be wrong about that!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes you do need relays and me and numerous users used to think like Andrew above and either had the HID kit fail or some other issue after few months of use.
Yes there is a big difference but I say you stick to 35w for both lows and fogs so the match. And yeah you will be able to run 35w HIDs in the fogs w/o melting issues, 55w will melt the fogs quick as hell. You will also not need relays for the fogs.
I highly suggest Spencer's HIDs, google it, can pay $270 for both lows and fogs with quality kits and a lifetime warranty.
Also Andrew the Z71 fogs aren't glass, plastic like the other model Tahoes.

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the quality and customer support of Spencer's worth the extra 150 bucks?

DDM = about $120

Spencer's = $270

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the quality and customer support of Spencer's worth the extra 150 bucks?

DDM = about $120

Spencer's = $270

"crickets chirping"...ill take that as not much of a difference and go for the ddm?

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 DDM sets for about 3 years now with no issue! I have 3 friends with sets even older than mine that still work fine. DDM also has a lifetime warranty, can't go wrong with that!

Neo, why do you need relays? I am running 35w 10000K H11 in my stock headlight with no relay and I have not had a problem. As I said above, I have had them for about 3 years now without a problem. 2 years of that, they have been in my G6 but I still have never had a problem.

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 DDM sets for about 3 years now with no issue! I have 3 friends with sets even older than mine that still work fine. DDM also has a lifetime warranty, can't go wrong with that!

Neo, why do you need relays? I am running 35w 10000K H11 in my stock headlight with no relay and I have not had a problem. As I said above, I have had them for about 3 years now without a problem. 2 years of that, they have been in my G6 but I still have never had a problem.

no rebuttals so looks like ddm it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayebarberr