Z71 Dark Ash Metallic w/ Gideon/Very Dark Atmosphere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the Dark Ash Metallic is new for 2022, but it's what I'm looking to order soon. I'm pretty confident about the exterior Dark Ash color, but I'm not sure how the Gideon/Very Dark is going to look with it. I think the interior color is already existing, so does anyone out there have a pic or two of the interior color with a similar exterior color? Bonus points (and likes) if it's a Z71!

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping the thread. Now that 2022's are starting to pop up more frequently, wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the colors? Pics would be great!

David W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you seen dark ash? I saw it on a Tahoe for the first time this weekend and it looked brownish purple. Nothing like online. Wasn’t for me so thought I would throw that out there!

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear. I'm really hoping it's just a charcoal color. The brown and purple hints raise my eyebrow a bit. I'll have to continue the hunt and see one in person I guess.

David W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear. I'm really hoping it's just a charcoal color. The brown and purple hints raise my eyebrow a bit. I'll have to continue the hunt and see one in person I guess.
It was odd for sure, the Tahoe was a little dirty, we were on the lot in a Sunday, and it wasnt a bright sunny day, but the color was not what I was expecting at all.

badreau

Reaction score
I've been trying to find photos/videos of a Tahoe in Dark Ash Metallic for awhile. Finally found one last night:
Definitely has a purple tint to my eye depending on how the light hits it, although sometimes it looks more blue. I don't see any brown tones in this video at least though.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad video. I found a dealer with one in stock, gonna go take a look in person tomorrow. I kinda like the change of color. It's not quite what I was expecting, but it's not bad

Thanks for the find!

DrSpeedy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a z71 in dark ash metallic for my wife. Didn’t get to see it in person prior to ordering… she doesn’t like the satin steel metallic (too light) or the evergreen gray metallic (too green). Haven’t seen many examples online in the color in the z71 trim.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar story here. We've been scouting for a while with no luck. Got really close to finding one but it was sold the night before.

I put a deposit down last night too. Hopefully they'll get it ordered with GM sooner rather than later.

DrSpeedy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar story here. We've been scouting for a while with no luck. Got really close to finding one but it was sold the night before.

I put a deposit down last night too. Hopefully they'll get it ordered with GM sooner rather than later.
The dealer I ordered from said they have a paint chip, which looks similar to the online configurator but a bit darker. This was the only color my wife liked, so I guess we'll roll the dice. These are the only real-life photos I've found of dark ash metallic on a Tahoe.

https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Veh...et-Tahoe-2WD_High_Country-MIAMI-FL/5186047230

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter