Z71 Dark Ash Metallic w/ Gideon/Very Dark Atmosphere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinovtx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time poster here wanted to help out a bit. We just picked up my wife's 2022 z71 in dark ash metallic. So couple of things. It does not look like the color on the configurator. It is a very deep gray metallic with a blue/purple undertone. I have taken some pictures seen here but it is hard to truly capture the color. It looks almost black sometimes and almost purple/blue other times. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have on it. will try to grab a picture of it in 100% sunlight. On the positive my wife loves the color.20211130_132309.jpg20211130_132324.jpg20211130_132341.jpg20211130_132405.jpg20211130_132341.jpg

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dinovtx that looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to get mine now, that's exactly what I was looking for. The fact that there's a hint of blue/purple in it is pretty cool too. If nothing else, it's a talking point which to be honest, it's always great when people ask about your truck. I'm more than happy to do so. If they don't ask, then it's kinda boring!

What color is the interior?

dinovtx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks yep been great so far already have over 500 miles on it. Interior is black but think it will go good with either of the interior color options. Also found this picture from when we picked it up at the dealer. You can see the blue/purple a little better here in the full sunlight.20211124_115010.jpg.

Calirogers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time poster here wanted to help out a bit. We just picked up my wife's 2022 z71 in dark ash metallic. So couple of things. It does not look like the color on the configurator. It is a very deep gray metallic with a blue/purple undertone. I have taken some pictures seen here but it is hard to truly capture the color. It looks almost black sometimes and almost purple/blue other times. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have on it. will try to grab a picture of it in 100% sunlight. On the positive my wife loves the color.View attachment 356752View attachment 356753View attachment 356754View attachment 356755View attachment 356757
I was searching all last night for pictures of this color! Ours is supposed to be here in 2 weeks and now I’m panicking the car is going to be super purple. Do you have any more photos?? It’s so hard to tell because it looks so different in all the pictures. We ordered in October and have been so excited, I’m hoping we won’t be disappointed!

dinovtx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can try to take some more pictures later today. It deffinatly has purple in it but you only see it in bright sunlight. It is not what you would think of as a purple car. It is gray with some purple/blue. It truely looks different in every picture and in person. Everyone who has seen it so far loves the color. We were worried about the same thing before it came in but it is truely very nice, not exactly what we thought we were getting, but it is a great color. As others have mentioned it does not have any brown in it. Only way to truely appricate it is see it in person.
Here I don’t see purple at all!

booyaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics I took of 2 separate Dark Ash Metallic exteriors. One is a Tahoe RST and the other a Suburban RST. I thought it was a great looking color.

Attachments

• 65930395036__26E736DF-0F1B-4EED-A217-CB2112CFF2B1.fullsizerender.jpg
    65930395036__26E736DF-0F1B-4EED-A217-CB2112CFF2B1.fullsizerender.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3252.jpg
    IMG_3252.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 91

badreau

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics I took of 2 separate Dark Ash Metallic exteriors. One is a Tahoe RST and the other a Suburban RST. I thought it was a great looking color.
I'm a big fan of the Dark Ash color in these pics you took. Still on the fence about the daylight look with the purple tones. I've got one on order in this color, TPW Dec 13, so I guess I'm committed now anyways!
My other option is that there is a black one in stock that I could pick up, but it has a couple of options I don't need and I'm really not a fan of the plain black color, I don't think there is any metallic to it or anything to give it depth.