Z71 Dark Ash Metallic w/ Gideon/Very Dark Atmosphere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calirogers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can try to take some more pictures later today. It deffinatly has purple in it but you only see it in bright sunlight. It is not what you would think of as a purple car. It is gray with some purple/blue. It truely looks different in every picture and in person. Everyone who has seen it so far loves the color. We were worried about the same thing before it came in but it is truely very nice, not exactly what we thought we were getting, but it is a great color. As others have mentioned it does not have any brown in it. Only way to truely appricate it is see it in person.
Thank you!! I hope we love it. Impossible to find a dealership with one in stock to go look at it

cvcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you!! I hope we love it. Impossible to find a dealership with one in stock to go look at it
Same story here. My wife’s Z71 should be arriving late Dec or early Jan. I hope she likes the dark ash metallic. The purple tone is getting me worried. I guess it’s too late now to change colors.

cvcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics I took of 2 separate Dark Ash Metallic exteriors. One is a Tahoe RST and the other a Suburban RST. I thought it was a great looking color.
This color looks very light compared to the other one .

Calirogers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! It truly looks different in every light it seems like. Ours is in transit!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was considering the color as a alternate, my local sales rep found a 20 Silv with the Gideon/dark atmosphere for reference…. That saved me a 175 mile trip (each way) to looko at a in stock unit. Yukons had a darker shade but Yukon only..not Tahoe.

Buffalown

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Dark Ash color in these pics you took. Still on the fence about the daylight look with the purple tones. I've got one on order in this color, TPW Dec 13, so I guess I'm committed now anyways!
My other option is that there is a black one in stock that I could pick up, but it has a couple of options I don't need and I'm really not a fan of the plain black color, I don't think there is any metallic to it or anything to give it depth.
I also have a dark ash Tahoe on order with a TPW in April, I saw your comment and was just curious what you think of the color if you have it now? I’m also concerned it will be too purple lol but in most pictures I’ve seen it looks like a great color

badreau

Reaction score
I also have a dark ash Tahoe on order with a TPW in April, I saw your comment and was just curious what you think of the color if you have it now? I’m also concerned it will be too purple lol but in most pictures I’ve seen it looks like a great color
I ended up grabbing the black Tahoe that popped up. My Dark Ash TPW kept getting pushed and the heated steering wheel got removed so I bailed on it.
Still haven’t seen a Dark Ash in person.

kristenbeth1123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's not a bad video. I found a dealer with one in stock, gonna go take a look in person tomorrow. I kinda like the change of color. It's not quite what I was expecting, but it's not bad

Thanks for the find!
What did you end up thinking of the dark ash metallic color in person?