Z55 oem front strut replacement- new springs too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original owner of my 2011 Yukon Denali with the Z55 air ride suspension. I did the rear shocks previously.

New struts I’ve ordered are AcDelco #580-373 (same as 580-484 and few other#’s)

Looking for input/feedback about what else to swap out besides the actual front struts? (Did the rears earlier this year)

Figured I need to replace the front spring coils as well at minimum.

Is there anything else you would recommend I order as well related to the front struts?

(I’ve replaced control arms, ball joints, endlinks and bushings on my prior Eibach sway bar upgrade)

Thanks in advance for any direction guys!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original owner of my 2011 Yukon Denali with the Z55 air ride suspension. I did the rear shocks previously.

New struts I’ve ordered are AcDelco #580-373 (same as 580-484 and few other#’s)

Looking for input/feedback about what else to swap out besides the actual front struts? (Did the rears earlier this year)

Figured I need to replace the front spring coils as well at minimum.

Is there anything else you would recommend I order as well related to the front struts?

(I’ve replaced control arms, ball joints, endlinks and bushings on my prior Eibach sway bar upgrade)

Thanks in advance for any direction guys!

You could probably re-use the original spring. If the rubber in the strut mount is still good you can re-use that too. The spring insulator and jounce bumper should be replaced and it is SOP to NOT re-use the nut at the top of the strut, get a new one.

We just did ours and replaced everything but the strut mounts.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably re-use the original spring. If the rubber in the strut mount is still good you can re-use that too. The spring insulator and jounce bumper should be replaced and it is SOP to NOT re-use the nut at the top of the strut, get a new one.

We just did ours and replaced everything but the strut mounts.

Totally makes sense and I appreciate the info. I’m with ya on the springs, in they could totally be reused. It’s my ocd that’s telling me to punt them :(. I’m going to make sure I have no desire to lower the suv a bit before I decide.

New shoes will be on of the last things I do for my Denali I know already. For now I’d rather apply those funds to a TSP cam package.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally makes sense and I appreciate the info. I’m with ya on the springs, in they could totally be reused. It’s my ocd that’s telling me to punt them :(. I’m going to make sure I have no desire to lower the suv a bit before I decide.

New shoes will be on of the last things I do for my Denali I know already. For now I’d rather apply those funds to a TSP cam package.

I don't really know how to tell, my new front springs are the same height as the old ones. We haven't done the rears yet but did take measurements for a before and after comparison. The bump stop material was worn into the top of the old struts though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011