Z55 Diagnosing Procedure for ESCM? U0122 and U0230

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluYu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Evening All,

I've recently acquired a 2007 Yukon Denali (220k mi). After working through its various problems, I've taken a look to tackling it's suspension issues and run into a few set-backs. Here's the run-down:

- The Compressor functions when jumping, but will not cycle with key (The relay is working as well, I tested it).

- Both rear shocks are ruined (So I should be seeing a chassis code, correct?)

- No chassis codes from tech 2 equivalent

- When connecting with a Tech 2 equivalent, no communication at all with the chassis module, so I cannot cycle the compressor or test the system. I suspect a potential issue with the chassis module, maybe a wiring issue or perhaps a faulty module?

I have the following questions:

1): Where is the Chassis module, is it the same as the ESCM? (The module located above the spare tire)

2): How can I diagnose the Chassis module (or ESCM) to determine if it is functioning properly?

3): I'm showing both codes U0122 (Dynamics module??) and U0230 (The lift gate module). Could this relate to the chassis module or not? (The lift gate works, and automatically raises and lowers)

I would like to purchase new Z55 shocks. However, if the ESCM is not working, then I would prefer to spend the money on a passive suspension rather than the $800+ for shocks and module.

Any help figuring out the chassis module (or ESCM) would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300

Latest posts