Z55 conversion in Europe - what exactly do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Filip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hallo Guys,

My name is Filip, I live in Poland and I a proud owner of a 2002 Tahoe LT AutoRide. A few days ago I got the warning "service ride control", the shocks look really old so I have to do something with this. The problem is that in Europe Chevy Tahoe is very rare vehicle. Is not easy to buy parts or to find a mechanic who knows anything about Chevy Trucks. With AutoRide it is even worse. When you say "I have a Tahoe with AutoRide", people in shops are all like "whaaat?!" ;-)

In this situation I need as simple solutions as possible. On American eBay I found the bypass modules for Z55 - it seems like a good option for me and I think about ordering them. But my question is - what next? When I get two sets of the bypass modules and install them, can I install just regular shocks, made for a non-Z55 Tahoe? I can buy such shocks in my country so it would be great. But would non-Z55 shocks fit without any problem? Do I need anything more in this situation? I would like to be sure of what I have to buy because shipping from USA to Poland takes about 2 weeks...

Thank you in advance for all answers!

And here is my ride - she has Magnaflow muffler, wheel spacers, 265/75/16 Bridgestone ATs and billet grille. More mods soon to be done - I've already bought smoked Pacer clearance lights and I want to black out tail lights :)

tahoe_nowe_kola_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo