Yukon XL - Remote start = Alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nokuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Yukon XL alarm goes off (sounds) after using remote start and vehicle has turned off after 10 minutes. Neighbors I’m sure don’t appreciate this. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Yukon XL alarm goes off (sounds) after using remote start and vehicle has turned off after 10 minutes. Neighbors I’m sure don’t appreciate this. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Doesn't sound right, might need a trip to the dealer or get their tools and diagnose and fix it yourself.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read about this on the other truck forum. Check the rear defrost wire to see if it came unplugged or not seated all the way. That was the fix on the other forum. It is tied into the alarm system. Good luck.

Last edited:

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery ok? When our Yukon's battery was on its last leg the remote start would cause the alarm to go off.

OP
OP
N

nokuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picking up Yukon on Saturday with the new transmission now installed. I’ll check the rear defroster as well as battery. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Still have the issue?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remote start then unlock the truck. You’re alarm shouldn’t go off. I been doing this for a while.

I’ve researched myself. It’s either dying battery or defrost wire on the back window for the most part. I know my defrost tab was broken off. But I glued it with one of them cheap kits from autozone and I don’t think I did it right.

Koganinja

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Buy a scanner or get it scanned at dealership. I was having issues and it ended up being the hood latch sensor. It was sitting too low and triggering the alarm at random. It could be so many things though. Wild goose chase without a scan. Old post but posting for others that may be searching for answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n