Yukon finally here and chrome delete was first thing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you. I'm on the fence with color matching my grille boarder and blackening the grill too. But I'm also thinking I could keep it, and use that mat chrome finish on some brushed & clear tinted (powder coated) aftermarket wheels, so it'll all tie in. That way it's not just the body color, and black.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 366631
My 4 month wait is over!! Had the grill painted at my local body shop, and wrapped everything else myself. Only thing I have left is door handles and roof rack rails.

View attachment 366631
My 4 month wait is over!! Had the grill painted at my local body shop, and wrapped everything else myself. Only thing I have left is door handles and roof rack rails.
Looks fantastic!! Out of curiosity, how much was it to paint the grille?

OP
OP
Trent88

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks fantastic!! Out of curiosity, how much was it to paint the grille?
I know the guy at the body shop, so think he gave me a fair price. I prepped the pieces myself and i think it was just under $500 for them to paint everything, it turned out fantastic and would do it again. If only gm would offer the paint match surround on the Denali grill like they do for the SLT's!!

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks fantastic!!! I'm in the same boat myself. Just picked up '22 Yukon last week, and thinking about doing chrome delete. Mine is black w/22" black wheels. So chrome does stand out quite a lot, and I don't like it :)

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the guy at the body shop, so think he gave me a fair price. I prepped the pieces myself and i think it was just under $500 for them to paint everything, it turned out fantastic and would do it again. If only gm would offer the paint match surround on the Denali grill like they do for the SLT's!!
That is a fair price for sure. Even if they offered the denali grill in black with color matched surround, you certainly wouldn't be able to get it for $500. The body color surround is the way to go, looks classy

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting mine done next week. Mine is an all black denali. They are going to wrap all the trim and paint the grill. Then it's going to get paint correction and graphene coated.

How much was your whole package? You didn't want the door handles done? Mine was quoted at 1600 but negotiated to 1400 cash.

OP
OP
Trent88

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting mine done next week. Mine is an all black denali. They are going to wrap all the trim and paint the grill. Then it's going to get paint correction and graphene coated.

How much was your whole package? You didn't want the door handles done? Mine was quoted at 1600 but negotiated to 1400 cash.
I only paid for the the grill to get painted ($500), front PPF ($1000) and Window tint ($150). I wrapped everything else myself. I just hadn't gotten to the door handles and roof rack the time the picture was taken.

How did yours turn out?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65