Yukon Escalade converion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the dash pad yesterday. Decided to pull it into the shop today (Sat) after I was done working. Pulled out the cluster. Thinking I was a freaking genius, I took both clusters completely apart and switched the electronic guts so the mileage would still be accurate. I plugged the revised Esky cluster in and everything worked fine. (Those of you familiar with Escalade clusters know where I'm going with this.) Figuring I had some time, I pulled out the dash pad and swapped in the Cadillac one. Popped the bezel on and buttoned it all back up. It still needs some paint work to make everything look OK, but it's close enough for now. All's well until I got on the road and realized the Escalade cluster has a 120mph speedo, compared to the 100mph Yukon one. My speedo is 20% off. Bummer. Got it home into my garage and pulled it apart again. swapped back the electronic guts, and re-assembled everything. Looks like it works, but I just got a weeks worth of Michigan winter crud washed off and don't want to take it out of the garage. So I just dropped from 196,000miles to 59,000miles. Oh well, I'm not selling it anyway so who cares.

Everything's good except for one thing...

...I'm not sure if I like it. The sharper lines of the Cadillac dash look a bit dated compared to the smoother contours of the original Yukon dash, and the silver rings on the gauges in the cluster are a bit distracting. I think I'll drive it for a couple weeks and see.....

Attachments

• Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 120
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the dash paint work done yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 114

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this thread. It looks good man! I was gonna say get the pillars but I see you got them already lol... next thing you know it'll be just a full out esky!

Wish the gauge cluster for 07+ esky's worked on the tahoes! Looks real good in your truck.. and nice paint job too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. I really had no intention of going overboard with the Esky stuff. The front clip just seemed like a cool idea when I was looking at my mashed Yukon front end. But then I really liked the rear vent cap things, and the cluster, and the roof rack, and the...

Looks like I won't be able to swing a new HD Road King this year, maybe I'll put a set of decent wheels on the truck instead and plan (hope) for a new Harley next year.

I'll post some pics in the spring when I get the rear bumper and vent cap thingies painted and on.

jutte73

Reaction score
man that looks really really good!! as far as that one guy on here hating, has he ever been to a car show lol. i am into the mini truck scene as well, you go to those shows and you see old trucks with new clips all the time. or s10's with colorado front clips, even seen a couple silverado front ends chopped and put on the front of s10, also see envoy front ends on blazers lol.. its all good, and yours looks real good on there great job so far!!

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Steve, To me this is just old school hot rodding. I don't really have a lot of coin in this latest batch of stuff. But having a good time with my 11 year old truck.
Felix, That's fake! Not sure who you're trying to fool. Haha