Yukon Escalade converion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For fairness sake, if smoke them properly (yourself), you should, should be alright..........but why not throw some sexy LEDs in there? You poured heart & soul into that truck (from where I stand) Why not put that finishing touch on it?

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the OBS. It has the barn doors, and his truck is still a 2000 model year.

Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2000-escalade/800x600/wallpaper_03.htm

I like the look of that truck and the lights. The hinges are outside the body though, so I think the lights are going to be different.
I'd still like to put the LEDs like in the photo I posted a page or two ago. We'll see how the money flows.

One more question for Ofc. K.J., This truck is looking more Escalade than Yukon. It's still obviously titled as a GMC Yukon. Am I likely to get grief about this from the law man if I'm ever pulled over for traffic violation? How 'bout crossing the boarder into Canada?

Thanks for the tail light info.
For the record, I did point out in post 103 that I did want to be safe and legal.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the OBS. It has the barn doors, and his truck is still a 2000 model year.

Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2000-escalade/800x600/wallpaper_03.htm

I like the look of that truck and the lights. The hinges are outside the body though, so I think the lights are going to be different.
I'd still like to put the LEDs like in the photo I posted a page or two ago. We'll see how the money flows.

One more question for Ofc. K.J., This truck is looking more Escalade than Yukon. It's still obviously titled as a GMC Yukon. Am I likely to get grief about this from the law man if I'm ever pulled over for traffic violation? How 'bout crossing the boarder into Canada?

Thanks for the tail light info.
For the record, I did point out in post 103 that I did want to be safe and legal.

You shouldn't get any grief for the conversion. Conversions are done every day (Think: "Conversion Van"). If anyone asks you, just tell them the truth: You converted it.

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got the rear bumper and the roof rack done. I also redyed (spray painted) the leather seats like shown on another thread here.

Still to do: tail lights (not currently in the budget even if I could find the ones I like), and rims. (I'd like something in a 20", REALLY not in the budget.

Attachments

• yukon4 003.jpg
    yukon4 003.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 53
  • yukon4 004.jpg
    yukon4 004.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 54
  • yukon4 005.jpg
    yukon4 005.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 52
  • yukon4 006.jpg
    yukon4 006.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 59
  • yukon4 007.jpg
    yukon4 007.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 54

Beefhouse

Reaction score
Looks great man! :cool: I like the clean, stock appearance. Keep the 17" wheels. It looks more believable that way.

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside:

Attachments

• yukon4 012.jpg
    yukon4 012.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 45
  • yukon4 001.jpg
    yukon4 001.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 45
  • yukon4 013.jpg
    yukon4 013.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! :cool: I like the clean, stock appearance. Keep the 17" wheels. It looks more believable that way.

Thanks. I put those on back in 05 when the chrome rims it came with got a bit crappy looking. A friend had 'em for $100. had no intention of doing any of this until I sent front end parts across two lanes of traffic on I-75 last summer.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! That is amazingly clean!

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! This conversion is amazingly clean. Great job man! I never noticed how much the rear bumper cover contoured to the tail lights on the nbs esky... can't wait till you get those! How about the esky oem 20's? Those are so clean.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/mQPRUjmuNZdOsHEPLU7Tfsw/140.jpg

Thanks. Funny you say that about the OEM 20s. I saw a set an an older Esky like my body style. I really liked them a lot. I see a lot of 'em on Craigslist. Hmmm...Christmas isn't that far off. The OEM Esky tail lights won't work though. The doors will hit the light contour, and the door hinge is in the bottom part of the light.

Thanks Jacob!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts