Yukon dying at certain RPMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fssredo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 04 Yukon with 5.3 just recently began to die on me as I would reach 2000rpm approximately around 40mph, when that happens CEL blinks. Just recent had new fuel filter put in o2 sensors, plugs/wires, new battery etc TPS is clean. Only thing have not checked is clogged cat and MAS. But just recently put on new Spectre air intake. Any suggestions please help.

OP
OP
Fssredo

Fssredo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fuel filter? You dropped the tank and changed the screen? P0300 and which ABS code?
Brand new fuel filter has no miles on it, and I’m not sure the exact ABS code I’m gonna do anther Testing and which screen in the tank

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was confused. Missed your mention that this truck GMT800 and this post is in GMT900 section which do not have fuel filters. @NathanJax

Ok, new air intake and then codes. Check your fitment and for leaks. Even being slightly off can allow un-metered air into system and throw codes because MAS is not measuring it. Check the hoses from the valve covers to the throttle body and intake (PCV) too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was getting P0300 when my cats were plugged, flashing CEL. Also TPS and MAF codes. Plugged cats can cause all sorts of intake/ misfire related codes. Have a shop check them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts