Odd codes 2001 GMC Yukon xl Slt (scanner limitation?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KR66

Reaction score
I have a old Autel scanner I was going to retire when I purchased an Innova 5160RS, for my other vehicle a 2012 RAM Cummins 2500. I have no issues with it on the RAM but the Yukon I'm seeing 40+ codes that don't make sense (it did recognize the correct vehicle and Year) , O2, MAS , TPS, and several more All giving High and Low Voltage codes? Also I was hoping to use it to bleed the ABS its available for the RAM but says not supported on the Yukon, (I want to completely flush the Brake system including the ABS, ) the Yukon drives and runs like new no CEL, you can't even hear the engine running it's so smooth. Is This just a limitation with the scan tool? Is it getting bad readings from the Vehicle? I can only see them when I do full OBBII scan. Even if I erased them all I get the same codes again. I don't think the sensors can have High and Low Voltages simultaneously. If you want I'll post the exact codes later there are to many to remember. My thinking is if it's that messed up it wouldn't run at all. The old Autel doesn't give any codes the last codes I fixed were from rusted Knock Sensors and a stuck EGR all have been replaced and work fine now. If it's the new scanner any suggestions on a scanner that will correctly read a 01 GMC? And allow ABS purge/flushing.

Moosemoon

Reaction score
I have an innova clone from HF that has done the same on my 2001 Yukon. Threw 40 codes. Then went done to about 10. we can compare lists if you like.
The interesting thing is that no other scan - dealer and an ac delco shop - have been able to reproduce the codes.
The fact that you are having a similar problem makes me think it is an innova problem. Perhaps a call to the innova tech help line is in order.
I plan to run another scan, see what’s still there and make the call.
The Tech 2 from chinadiag seems the way to go. It’s on my list of things to purchase ….

OP
OP
K

KR66

Reaction score
Ill probably call them the tool should work better on older GMs especially for the price., when I get a chance I'll post all the codes I got.
I have an innova clone from HF that has done the same on my 2001 Yukon. Threw 40 codes. Then went done to about 10. we can compare lists if you like.
The interesting thing is that no other scan - dealer and an ac delco shop - have been able to reproduce the codes.
The fact that you are having a similar problem makes me think it is an innova problem. Perhaps a call to the innova tech help line is in order.
I plan to run another scan, see what’s still there and make the call.
The Tech 2 from chinadiag seems the way to go. It’s on my list of things to purchase ….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345