Yukon Door Actuator Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YooperDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just today bought a 2005 Yukon Xl SLT!
What a nice ride (other than the bad u-joint vibration all the way home).

The issue I am having is this:
The key fob, and both front door buttons work - but ONLY unlock the front doors.

They will not unlock the rear doors or the rear - rear door or glass.
I manually unlock the back doors - and they automatically relock when vehicle is put into gear.

To me this sounds more like a door module?

With scan tool - I can RE-LOCK the rear doors but not unlock them.

OP
OP
Y

YooperDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

The key fob, and both front door buttons work - but ONLY unlock the front doors.

I manually unlock the back doors - and they automatically relock when vehicle is put into gear.

And WHY didn't GMC make a manual over ride for the rear door or glass hatch!?!?!?!?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Folks will chime in with suggestions for troubleshooting your issue.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can keep playin with gizmos all you want, but from what you described so far, a look inside is in order as you have no history.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need more details.
1. is the key fob oem or aftermarket (indicating some form of security system is installed)
2. have you checked the settings in the drivers information center (some can be set to auto-lock the doors when put in gear and at a specific speed)
the owners manual can be helpful for this, if you do not have one it is free on the gm website just google (2005 yukon online owners manual)

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the year, but someone with a cop car posted about a manual button /lever on front side of rear doors. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Check your UNLOCK relay. The rear doors are controlled by the BCM and have separate LOCK and UNLOCK relays.

When you use the front door switches or the key fob(s) the BCM gets a message on the class 2 bus to lock or unlock the rear doors.

The BCM also is notified of the PRND321 position and according to personalization settings will lock the doors if so selected.

The fact that they lock when put in gear confirms the BCM is able to operate them. I would expect that the keyfob(s) can LOCK the rear doors & hatch.

As a side note to those people with older GM vehicles like the original poster and I, and who use those little bluetooth OBD2 adapters and leave them in the OBD2 port.... (I am one of them).... it is possible to connect to the bluetooth module and unlock the doors. I would say there are not a lot of people who would know how..(I am one).. but it can be done.