Yukon Denali vs SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sofa6A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great points in this thread, but to be honest SLT is overpriced for what it is and Denali as well for that matter.

I went with SLT optioned well for the price/value ratio. The Denali dash is sweet but I’m not a fan of the grill or oversized wheels/tires.

My two cents.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the resale value, what about all the years that you were going to live with it also? I would hate to have to slog through 4 to 6 years of a vehicle that I wanted a lot of things on that I didn’t get just to save a little money. By the time I’m done with it I don’t frankly care about the resale. You’re gonna get what you’re gonna get. I just don’t wanna spend five years in a vehicle that I didn’t really really like……

Last edited:

newyukondriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I opted for a Denali over an SLT because of the adaptive cruise control. Mine wasn't a custom build b/c I couldn't wait for one, and none of the SLTs the dealer had came with adaptive cruise but the Denali did. Not sure if you can add that as an option w/ a custom build or not, but I wouldn't be w/o it.

Cop35758

Reaction score
I opted for a Denali over an SLT because of the adaptive cruise control. Mine wasn't a custom build b/c I couldn't wait for one, and none of the SLTs the dealer had came with adaptive cruise but the Denali did. Not sure if you can add that as an option w/ a custom build or not, but I wouldn't be w/o it.
I was told by my dealer that adaptive cruise control is currently on constraint. Make me want to completely avoid the Denali if a number of significant features are not available.

OP
OP
T

terptahoe

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that adaptive cruise control is currently on constraint. Make me want to completely avoid the Denali if a number of significant features are not available.
Adaptive cruise would be great to have but honestly, i'm pretty disappointed that adaptive cruise is not standard in the Denali and requires at least a $2,500 package to get it. But what im more disappointed about is that its literally just adaptive cruise to regulate your speed. I have a 2021 F150 middle of the pack trim and i was able to add a 360 camera, adaptive cruise, AND lane centering ability, meaning the car steers itself down the road i just have to keep my hand on the wheel so it knows im not sleeping and that was only $750 or so. GM needs to step it up on their top of the line.

YYCYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2021 Denali and reordered a second 2022 Denali - both diesel.

Despite ordering another Denali, I thought I would give you some points in favour of the SLT to consider.

1) I find the open cup holders of the SLT more accessible than having that faux wood cover in the Denali. Sure it looks better in the photos, but its almost always up and kind of flimsy.

2) To my eye, the contrast piping in the SLT seating looks more “premium” than the Denali. As for the dash, I might like the Denali version slightly better, but I wouldn’t call it an “upgrade”. I may be wrong, but the higher position of the LCD screen in the SLT might even be slightly easier to look at.

3) The only exterior difference of importance is the grill. I actually favour fixed running boards (less prone to motor failures, keeps the road grime off the lower portion of the car). But I ordered both Denali’s without power running boards.

I pretty much ordered the Denali the second time because it looks better than the SLT in black. If I were to order a white one, I think they’re about the same.

Get the 360 camera system in the SLT it makes the big SUV feel way smaller in tight parking lots.

Good call on the diesel. It’s awesome. It’s the perfect engine for the big SUV.

The 2021 was the first time I have ever driven a diesel. I would consistently average 18.5mpg in the city (lots of <5km trips) and nearly 30mpg on long highway cruises (hand calculated, although the dash was always pretty close).

The only “issue” I had with it was that the engine light came on at about 5,000km. The dealer checked the usual suspects, cleared it and it didn’t return for 10,000km.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the big screen in style "iPad", that's why I go with Denali :)
I thought this too when I was first looking at these vehicles. The denali dash is certainly more appealing but the screen in our slt is perfectly fine IMO. At first I thought it was super high up on the dash but once I physically saw the vehicle I realized it is not that high at all.
I'm not really that big a fan of these huge screens regardless of placement. Always having to dim them down so they don't light up the car while you're trying to drive. Drove the '02 audi s8 last night and was reminded how great simple red interior dash lighting is that doesn't blind you at all.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to cross you up but have you looked at the AT4? Pretty sweet colors and interior available. Also can opt for 6.2, I'm not sure of diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n