Yukon Denali liftgate opens for no reason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got in the Yukon the other day, started it, and the liftgate raised up for no reason. Another day last week she went out to her car to find the liftgate raised up. Then when she came home the other night from work, she came and got me and the latch was cycling latched, to unlatched, and ended up stopping at unlatched but didn’t raise. I scanned it for code with my cheap scanner, and got nothing. Not sure what to do next, I cycled the overhead button a few times and it worked as it should. I’m thinking of just buying a latch and see if that fixes my problems. I know it has micro switches in it and maybe they are going bad? What do you guys think? https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-1...N0/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

daddyrim

Reaction score
I had very similar problems on my'08 Denali, and eventually the rear latch stopped holding it closed altogether. I just replaced the entire latch assembly and away it went without issue.

GT178

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with the power liftgate in my 2011 Denali especially during any sort of wet weather...turned out to be a pinched wiring harness...dealer replaced it and have had no issues since...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT