Yukon Denali 3rd Row Seat Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed their 3rd row seat from late model Yukon or Tahoe? If so, please detail what was involved and if any new parts were necessary.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering from an 07 owner are the new trucks last row permanent and not removable manually by folding them and pulling the handle?

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Has anyone removed their 3rd row seat from late model Yukon or Tahoe? If so, please detail what was involved and if any new parts were necessary.

My Yukon is an SLT so I'm not sure how different the seats are from the Denali, but on mine it was really easy to remove, took about an hour. There's like 7 10mm (Or 12mm) bolts holding the seats down and a few extra Bolts holding the seats together, Once you remove all of the bolts the seats just come right out, If you're doing this by yourself be sure to remove the bolts holding the seats together so it's easier on you.

If you need pictures of where all of the bolts are located on the seats just let me know, there's a few bolts hidden by trim pieces.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
Yes, in a 2016 LT. Like above, a handful of screws to remove. Pretty simple. But yes it is very heavy. I put some of the screws back in place, i also used spray foam on a couple holes to keep water from getting in from underneath just in case. I removed seat to add sub box so the trough left when removed was not issue for me, thats where i put my amps and processors in addition to the enclosure. If you remove the factory storage bin in way back, then its more or less flat but not completely, a panel of plywood cut to fit covered in carpet and supported in the right places on bottom would leave a nice factory look i would guess. The 3rd row seatbelts on top back by rear door I left in case I want to put back if I ever sell.

OP
OP
sealandsky

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon is an SLT so I'm not sure how different the seats are from the Denali, but on mine it was really easy to remove, took about an hour. There's like 7 10mm (Or 12mm) bolts holding the seats down and a few extra Bolts holding the seats together, Once you remove all of the bolts the seats just come right out, If you're doing this by yourself be sure to remove the bolts holding the seats together so it's easier on you.

If you need pictures of where all of the bolts are located on the seats just let me know, there's a few bolts hidden by trim pieces.
Great feedback - Thank you. What did you do with the depression in the floor - if anything?

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Great feedback - Thank you. What did you do with the depression in the floor - if anything?

I bought the Weathertech Cargo liner for the Yukon/Tahoe and put it in the cargo area. I think it was originally meant to go on top of the 3rd row when their folded down, but It fits perfectly when the 3rd row is removed like mine. Iv been really happy with it so far. If that's something you're interesting in I can take a few pics of it tomorrow. Well worth the money.

OP
OP
sealandsky

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Weathertech Cargo liner for the Yukon/Tahoe and put it in the cargo area. I think it was originally meant to go on top of the 3rd row when their folded down, but It fits perfectly when the 3rd row is removed like mine. Iv been really happy with it so far. If that's something you're interesting in I can take a few pics of it tomorrow. Well worth the money.
Hi and thank you - I also have a WeatherTech cargo liner but am having trouble imagining how it will look with the seat gone. Please upload pics if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne