You never know where you'll see one, 06 Suburban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen pictures and read about these in the past. I've considered buying one of these to replace an 04 Tahoe but had never seen one locally. That was until this week when one showed up in a pick your part yard. I went there to try to get some of the LTZ unique parts from it but it was thoroughly picked over when I made it there. It has been out for about 4-5 days. The only LTZ specific part that is there was the rack. I know this is a huge long shot but has anyone shortened one of the center sections to use on a Tahoe?

I liked the dash surround piece, kinda carbon fiber looking but someone previous to me cracked it and threw it in the back seat. Grrr

I had always wondered if these were 2wd, selectable 4wd, or AWD. That question was answered seeing this one too. AWD. I'd imagine the Sub LTZ has the same shortcoming of the AWD system that the Escalade and Denali have. Unfortunate that GM did not just offer these with selectable 4wd. Took a few pics of it before it's gone and scrapped. This is one that probably shouldn't have ended up here given it's rarity, but sometimes this is where they end up unwittingly. KIMG0918.JPG KIMG0919.JPGKIMG0920.JPGKIMG0921.JPG KIMG0916.JPG

Reaction score
Its not a ltz its a z71 they made them fron 00 to 06 tahoe and suburban. After that the next gen the z71 became much more rare and was basically took over by the ltz. I see thrm all the time here in michigan. If you look on Copart you'll prob find what you need

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a ltz its a z71 they made them fron 00 to 06 tahoe and suburban. After that the next gen the z71 became much more rare and was basically took over by the ltz. I see thrm all the time here in michigan. If you look on Copart you'll prob find what you need
This is incorrect. For 2006 the LTZ package and the Z71 were two separate packages. However the LTZ trim was only offered on the suburban, and NOT the Tahoe, whereas the Z71 package was offered on both Tahoe and suburban. And you can tell by the specific parts on the LTZ trucks. The roof rack is the same except that the middle stretch on the LTZ truck is chrome and not black plastic. The LTZ had chrome grab handles on the doors like the Escalade. It had trim specific chrome 20 inch wheels and the big difference was the drive train. It was built with the LQ4 6.0 and the AWD package like the Denali.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re kind of ugly honestly. Too much chrome and that roof rack is yuck.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already gone from there, a victim of the crusher. I went back again to snag the roof rack and take another look at the dash surround trim but too late.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were all 06 Suburban LTZ's AWD or were there 2wd's as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE