You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So tonight was the big night to get the final pieces put back in and finish my dash. I am not kidding......I was putting the last piece in, the lower piece under the steering wheel and one of the yellow clips pops off the back and flies somewhere in to the dash!!! No kidding, after running to AutoZone and Advanced Auto, neither had one, I looked for almost an hour!! I looked everywhere with a flashlight, telescoping mirror, magnet and even blew all around under the dash with the air line and couldn't find that clip anywhere!
So tomorrow I get to go to dealer and buy a clip!!

Well, I did get the vents in, came out great, here are a few pics.

vents2.gif
vnets3.gif
vents-1.gif

I'll post the final photos tomorrow night after I buy one of those F&$%ing clips from the dealer.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that three different shades of tan? the upper is a nice one, the lower looks like a pinkish tannish molded plastic color and the end cap of the lower looks like yet another shade... what did it look like before?

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a really bad pic from the lighting in my garage. The top is a darker tan than the bottom. It doesn't look like that in person, not sure why it showed up that way. Once I can get it outside and take some better photos, it will show better.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any before pics?

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why I didn't take any but it was your standard darker tan on top, lighter tan on bottom with the tan and black bezel around the gauges.

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

I went back out in the garage last night and was trying to figure out why I couldn't get a good picture. The lights on my ceiling are the standard white and the ones above my work bench have a pinkish tone to them......will get it outside this evening and take some better pics to post.
Leaving for work early to stop at the dealer and get that damn clip!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Artificial lighting makes anything other than jewelry look ******.

+1 on the before pics though! What was done?

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stripped all that nasty rubbery paint off all the dash pieces and repainted. Just got the infamous clip from the Chevy dealer this morning. They were only .75 each, I got three just incase another one tries to fly away again tonight.

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a rag and put paint thinner on it, wiped over the surface lightly and went from there. I was cautious about using the thinner on the plastic.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I took a rag and put paint thinner on it, wiped over the surface lightly and went from there. I was cautious about using the thinner on the plastic.

So the thinner removed all the paint completely and then you painted with the Krylon paint?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterF