Y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bunnycop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone make a Y pipe without cats that will take place of the factory Y pipe while keeping the factory manifolds? I'm going to be using MBRP cat back exhaust, custom tune, and a CAI.. I can't find one anywhere. Thank you.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
highly doubt you will, since the EPA cas been cracking down on on the OFF ROAD USE claims of the manufactures, best bet would be to source a replacement and gut them your self. you will have to reweld your self, or have a back yard buddy do it.

i have done numerous sets, using either pipe or the better is to remove just the media. i have even replaced the outer shells to appear stock at a glance.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for a 'mid pipe, no cats' and there are several manufacturers out there. I don't think you're going to gain much, other than the smell of unburnt gas but I know people still do this. Modern cats are no where near as restrictive as they used to be.

Tim

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone take the flat cross over section of the pipe out and replace it with a nice round piece?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone take the flat cross over section of the pipe out and replace it with a nice round piece?
I picked up about 7 horses to the wheels in the quarter mile replacing my cats and y-pipe with a Magnaflow system that has a round crossover pipe. It's obvious that just by the design it would flow much better and it does!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah now that I have boost that cross over needs to go. Debating on if I want to mod what's there or just replace the whole thing with a cat setup. I don't want to go long tubes because the noise will be a negative. Still the family cruiser and the borla cat back is good enough for sound.

jaxscuby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
factory cats are worth ~20whp..for turbo'ed cars..well at least daily ricer burner..

Also looking for a "Y Pipe" replacement..want to run a X and duals or large single..

not to mention right under the tranny pan..geez...

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the Escalade V doesn't look like it has a flat area in the cross over. Anyone confirm this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep