Wth is this coil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a rough idle and periodically started getting misfire on #2, passenger side first plug from front of the engine.

Moved wires, still 2, replace spark plug and it ran flawless for a day.
Then i realized the issue was intermittent and spark plug was actually fine.

Happened randomly and now started happening every time pretty much.
Rough idle basically.

So i ordered bunch of coils off of Amazon with decent reviews and it basically doesn’t fit.
The new plug connector seems to be too long and mine has some sort of insert, allowing it to slide in nicely.

Here’s part numbers on existing coils, anyone knows what that is? Chinesium special? Can’t find anything, mind blown!

Waiting for another set to arrive lol
( Also when playing with coil, forgot to plug in the wire and behold, nothing changed, same rough idle, so i guess that sort of confirms the coil might be bad haha )

Attachments

• IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 5

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and it sure seems everything on Amazon is sketchy these days. buy an oem from rock auto, gm parts direct or the dealer. I've had good luck with my local dealership matching or very close to gm parts direct pricing on small things.

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and it sure seems everything on Amazon is sketchy these days. buy an oem from rock auto, gm parts direct or the dealer. I've had good luck with my local dealership matching or very close to gm parts direct pricing on small things.
Yeah i guess ill have to bite the bullet and wait for parts from rockauto, amazon has indeed gone downhill.

Looked further into reviews on that coil and behold, the reviews are from completely different products, jeez.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i guess ill have to bite the bullet and wait for parts from rockauto, amazon has indeed gone downhill.

Looked further into reviews on that coil and behold, the reviews are from completely different products, jeez.

I've noticed that a few times too. it's like reviews don't match the part being sold. it's weird.

I still get all kinds of stuff off Amazon. but it seems car parts, especially oem labeled ones aren't what they seem to be

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like GM parts direct pricing, but beware of any warranty issues. I bought a very expensive mirror that needed warranty work after installation. 5 month battle with them and finally had to escalate to payment method company. NO after service whatsoever!! Buyer beware.

FLOW companies is the parent - they do ALL brands in the same fashion. Just insert mfg name after FLOW and you got your info. They purposely make themselves hard to reach for some reason...

I do like the idea of seeing if local dealers will match pricing. Good plan on that one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts