wth did I do? Only tweeters playing in my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
So last night I went into my garage and all I was doing was putting wire looms on my rcas and speaker wires to clean things up, I also moved my relay and wiring for charging my tablet from the drivers side to the passenger side. After I wired everything up, next thing I know only my front tweeters (which arent ran through the factory wiring) were playing!! WTF! I didn't change anything! All my speakers that are on the factory wiring aren't playing!The only thing I could think of that I did was when I moved the wiring for my usb tablet charger to the passenger side, I'm using a relay and I tapped into a harness plug under the passenger side cover for my accessory wire to trigger my relay, so I don't see how that could affect my speakers not playing, I even tried disconnecting that wiring and it still didn't work!

My system goes tablet > eq > PAC C2R-GM29 harness > amp > speakers....the pac harness connects to the factory harness so it uses the factory wiring to the speakers except for the front tweeters which I wired directly to the crossovers so that is the reason only they are playing.

Heres a pic of the harness I tapped into for my usb charger just in case this may have something to do with anything

temporary_zps4c7d4b56.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

damnit mods please move to 07+ section I didn't realize I was in 00-06

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picard.png

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
It is in your pac harness.

I just disconnected my pac harness and tested the factory harness with a 9v battery and got no speaker pop....is there like a fuse or something in between the speakers and the factory harness? I just plugged in the factory headunit too and no sound or chimes out of any of the speakers...

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a fuse for the amp?

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Is there a fuse for the amp?

Yea the #40 fuse under the hood is labeled amp...I had 8 factory speakers Although I'm almost positive I don't have a factory amp in my tahoe...

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

alright so there were the harnesses under my console which were unplugged ...plugged it in..and everything went to normal except for the front door speakers..

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

wtf is all this shit...these are the harnesses that I unplugged and plugged back in and now every speaker works except the front doors..

temporary_zps1ee470be.jpg

temporary_zpsad25749d.jpg

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
so I ended up just disconnecting the speaker leads from the pac harness and connected them directly to the factory harness on the other side, everything works good now....If I ever have problems again I'm just gonna run new speaker leads to every door..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts