WTF!!! SQUEAKS!!:emotions122:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I having it and it seems to happen more often when it wet outside (rain, puddles, Due in the AM) But sometimes it does it after, I have an 04 Tahoe LT. Its ANNOYING!!!

Yeah if i put belt conditioner on my belt it makes it about 10 times worse i just cant seem to figure out why the belt thats why i figured it was the pulley system on the tensioner and what not

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Yeah if i put belt conditioner on my belt it makes it about 10 times worse i just cant seem to figure out why the belt thats why i figured it was the pulley system on the tensioner and what not

Same here...Put some belt conditioner on it and it jus sequels louder!! I dont wana sound like a POS car anymore! Anyone have any advice PLEASE!

OP
OP
S

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem too, I found this thread: http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?p=95013

What does everyone think? Would changing the (carrier bearings, pinion bearings, ring/pinion gear, seals, etc) and what would be the best way to test whats wrong out of those?

Thanks sooo much for any help!

Yo Anthony did you figure out what your problem was? I dont know wtf is going on with my shit it only squeaks when i start it up i think im going to check out the power steering but i still dont think thats the issue man

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Im goin' to try to get my Serpentine Belt replaced by next week and I'll report back the results

rdtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks brotha but GM sealers the idler pulleys so they can only be replaced. But thats a good suggestion but i dont want to have to buy them unless im pretty sure thats the issue ill check into that and get back to you.

Thanks for the info, I did not know they were sealed units. Good luck with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879