WTF!!! SQUEAKS!!:emotions122:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been having squeaking coming from under the hood. I replaced my serpintine belt and it stopped two months later i ******* couldnt figure out what it was so i figured the tensioner and assembly went bad. I replaced it and it stopped again for a day. Then it started up again, i check the alternator and everything is fine with the ampage.

HELP ME PLEASE!! What could be wrong its a high pitch squeal sounds exactly like a serpintine belt issue?????

comments?? anyone else had an issue like this?

:emotions122:

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Turn your a/c on and off and see if it is doing it because of the a/c...may have an issue with the a/c compressor.

Might also be an issue with the power steering pump locking up....just throwing out possibilities.

Pat

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your A/C working? Compressor clutch slipping maybe?

OP
OP
S

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How is your A/C working? Compressor clutch slipping maybe?

Nah i never run my air really even though im in nevada and but i tried both ways and it has no effect and it does not need water to make the squeal sound. I figured on the power steering but soon as i start up the truck also it just starts and sometimes fades away and then comes back later on i have no clue dude i have never had an issue like this.

so irritating to drive a nice truck but squeal next to beater hondas WTF!

rdtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turn your a/c on and off and see if it is doing it because of the a/c...may have an issue with the a/c compressor.

Might also be an issue with the power steering pump locking up....just throwing out possibilities.

Pat

Good suggestion.

Also check your idler pulleys in the belt system. I had some on my old BMW that the grease dried out in and began to squeal. You may be able to break it down once you remove them and regrease them with some good synthetic wheel bearing grease.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good suggestion.

Also check your idler pulleys in the belt system. I had some on my old BMW that the grease dried out in and began to squeal. You may be able to break it down once you remove them and regrease them with some good synthetic wheel bearing grease.

Good luck.

Thanks brotha but GM sealers the idler pulleys so they can only be replaced. But thats a good suggestion but i dont want to have to buy them unless im pretty sure thats the issue ill check into that and get back to you.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
have you tried having the hood up and the engine running and just listen to for the sound to locate?

OP
OP
S

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have you tried having the hood up and the engine running and just listen to for the sound to locate?

yeah but id have to get under the truck cause its someone behind the radiator so i cant stick my head in running belts haha i thought about it just to stop the squeal though

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I having it and it seems to happen more often when it wet outside (rain, puddles, Due in the AM) But sometimes it does it after, I have an 04 Tahoe LT. Its ANNOYING!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n