WTF is wrong with people?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I came across a women today who was complaining that her Toyota was smoking and asked me to take a look. Let me start off by saying that I am not a mechanic.

I immediately pop her hood and check the oil, and no oil is showing on the stick. I asked her when she last changed her oil? She told me that she has owned the car for 6 years and she never knew she had to change the oil. :wtf:

I was obviously shocked. I asked her if someone else is charged with her maintenance and might have given it an oil change without her knowledge. She said she was single and she has never had it in for service since she purchased the vehicle new. I checked the odometer and the Toyota had 53,000 miles.

Thats freakin nuts, WTF is wrong with people. . . :banghead:

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if you have no Idea, you need to break out the manual because there is a diagram that gives you an idea of when to have certain maintenance done.

Reaction score
There was somebody like that when I worked at O'reillys. Basic same story but when asked if she had ever changed the oil she replied. "They put that in at the factory. Don't they?"

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, haha I didn't know people like that existed.

There are more then you think,i would say in the last 5 years I have come across at least 10 mostly woman but a few men,some people just have no clue,who ever taught them to drive never told them all they needed to know and those people keep some of my friends in buisness lol

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why you see such a large (well, not really large, but more than you would think) number of cars sitting on the side of the road. Around here, they give them about a week to come and get their car before they tow it, but I've seen some perfectly good cars sitting there that died from lack of simple maintenance. You would think it would be common sense, but if no one ever told you and you don't open the manual (or, if it is a big, ***** manual of the like that came with my Tahoe), I suppose I could see how you might (I mean really, common sense folks, there are tons of oil change places around, you think that would at least give you a clue) not know only because of the last 4 cars I can remember getting, the dealer never once said anything about maintenance expect for something like "come to our service shop for any problems."

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are many people who exist who don't have a clue that vehicles need to be maintained. well, i guess i should say there's a lot of people who aren't the brightest of bulbs period.

i knew a dude who thought he was the shit (there's a lot of dudes that think that around here) he had a 2000 honda accord v6, bought it brand new. i can sometimes hear when a car is in dire need of an oil change, and i remember asking him, "have you had your oil changed recently?" he said "my car uses synthetic oil, you don't need to change it!" in an i'm-cool-as-hell voice. what an ass... anyways, he eventually realized that it needs to be changed at routine intervals, but to this day, 10 years and some replacement engines later, has changed the oil 5 or 6 times. but... the icing on the cake is that he's 31 years old, his parents bought him the car, replaced his engines, he pays no rent or major bills, and works a full time job, so he has money to blow out of his ass and even if he didn't his parents would cover it...argh...

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are many people who exist who don't have a clue that vehicles need to be maintained. well, i guess i should say there's a lot of people who aren't the brightest of bulbs period.

i knew a dude who thought he was the shit (there's a lot of dudes that think that around here) he had a 2000 honda accord v6, bought it brand new. i can sometimes hear when a car is in dire need of an oil change, and i remember asking him, "have you had your oil changed recently?" he said "my car uses synthetic oil, you don't need to change it!" in an i'm-cool-as-hell voice. what an ass... anyways, he eventually realized that it needs to be changed at routine intervals, but to this day, 10 years and some replacement engines later, has changed the oil 5 or 6 times. but... the icing on the cake is that he's 31 years old, his parents bought him the car, replaced his engines, he pays no rent or major bills, and works a full time job, so he has money to blow out of his ass and even if he didn't his parents would cover it...argh...

I wonder if they would adopt me lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork