Write up interest? Budget E-Fan swap, Measuring Tire Clearance, Brake Caliper Rebuilding, Cam Swap, Etc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a time I did a *lot* of write ups on LandRoverForums. Some extremely in depth, some not as much. It takes a lot of time, and makes the job at hand take quite a bit longer, but if there is much interest then I would be interested to some of them here on the TahoeYukonForum.

Feel free to take a spin through those LRF Write Ups, indexed here (link). In particular check out the "Oil Pump and Timing Chain Replacement" write up - a good example of the level of detail I'd want to go into. Some of the info there is nearly 1:1 in terms of implementation, some is quite different or completely irrelevant. Also, particularly with the older posts, you may get into some "less informed" information... inexperience... but generally I try to go back and add notes (see "In-Line Fuel Filter") where my experience, knowledge, or viewpoint has changed so as to no lead folks astray. I've got a lot of experience with this generation GM - I was a shop manager and we did, among other things, fleet maintenance for a couple Mr. Electric fanchises which ran a lot of GM vans and trucks, not to mention I've owned more than half a dozen myself.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic here. If you have any interest at all, post below things you feel aren't currently well covered, or that you would like to see more in depth or alternative solutions for. I've been on quite a few forums and I like the community here a lot. A lot of open and productive discussion seems to happen here. I'd like to help contribute more if I can.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are both 100% correct! This is THE best vehicle owner's forum I have ever belonged to. The folks here are helpful, will go out of their way to assist in any way possible, are willing to share their expertise while being open to learning new tricks.

All of this seems to happen is a super-friendly, fun and respectful environment.

I have no particular topic to request. I am glad to view from the sidelines and learn form osmosis. I would appreciate any topics you decide to add and I am sure many others would too! Thanks in advance!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL - I was just browsing the internet about oil pressure sensors...

Case in point found on TYF being the best forum out there with the best people:

On an unnamed Silverado/Sierra forum a guy asks:
"Ok first off this site wouldn't let me put my actual vehicle in .. I have a 2010 Yukon XL Denali 6.2L I'm getting ready to do this mess and I've seen everything from yanking the intake to pulling the fuel line the EVAP hose the vacuum.. can I get my hands and the socket in there without pulling all that crap off ? My hands are small and it's 16 freekin degrees out.."

Only to get the PP slapped by one of the "gurus":
"This is a Silverado Sierra site not a Yukon Tahoe Suburban site, you are gonna have to find somewhere else..."

TYF example of humanity shines through:
"Same process as the original post. You can join the TahoeYukon forum to discuss this and anything else. This forum is only for these two trucks and none others are welcome."

That warm invitation was from none other than our own @swathdiver

That was awesome to see civility in the midst of toxicity!

If other members in other forums go low, TYF goes high!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. This place is the best! I searched for a problem I had with my rear heat in my Yukon after I bought it, back in 2018, and have been absolutely hooked ever since. This forum always seems to have the answers, and with awesome support, and friendly folks (now friends) to bounce ideas off, or ask advice. There are so many little, and big upgrades I have done with the help of this forum and its members. I would never have thought of myself, or perhaps wouldn’t have attempted. But we have such a wealth of information, and helpful members, we all benefit greatly!