WREAKED? I must be the luckiest person on earth or worst luck ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I saw the title, I wasn't sure what it would be about. I thought he wreaked havoc. I'm a firm believer in dash cams. The GF got out of a jam because of one I mounted on her windshield.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a blind spot at the A-pillar? The size of a truck?

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup.

Believe it or not, the A pillar is a real blind spot. The A pillar has gotten thicker over the decades, and cars and people can be hidden behind it. We have encountered several situations where a person or vehicle just happens to remain behind the A pillar, in spite of either one of us moving. Turns are the worst because you are watching for so many other things at the same time. I have had to train myself to wobble my whole upper body to look around the pillar.

You don't realize just how serious the A pillar blind spot is until you encounter it. Something will just appear to come out of nowhere.

Be careful out there folks.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tempted to edit the spelling since the thread started ... but I'm not a spooling **** like you guys are. :)
it does not mean everyone needs to be a ************* about it... LOOK i had my HIGH beams on( High+low) of course my lights were way brighter then the pickup's bulbs from 2005... as you can see in the photo my headlights overridded the pickup's light and the truck's front end happen to be right in my blind spot when it turned my head to look left..

75mph = 110 feet per second...

60mph which is 88 feet persecond that is only 1/4th of a second 250ms or less(since most likely this person was going faster then that, as the road had only light traffic.)

even just based on the typical human response time of 188ms ..

Reaction score
Yup.

Believe it or not, the A pillar is a real blind spot. The A pillar has gotten thicker over the decades, and cars and people can be hidden behind it. We have encountered several situations where a person or vehicle just happens to remain behind the A pillar, in spite of either one of us moving. Turns are the worst because you are watching for so many other things at the same time. I have had to train myself to wobble my whole upper body to look around the pillar.

You don't realize just how serious the A pillar blind spot is until you encounter it. Something will just appear to come out of nowhere.

Be careful out there folks.
I guess I've just never experienced that problem

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I've just never experienced that problem

you can actually hide a whole car or truck depending on the position and distance with the A pillar.... I checked while i was driving today.... the Camera is on the passenger side and since i'm not ON that side. it(the camera) can obviously see more... also you must not even know how a camera and human vision work

it did not help that my Sun Visor was all the way straight down... I had forgotten to put it back up... before i left and depending on ones seating position this can be a problem.. and block 50-65% of the view in front of the driver