Wow, ordering what I want almost seems hopeless...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, that link is money! And whew, sticker shock - $75K OTD in 2021. Dealerships are sure bloodsuckers man!

The RSE is amazing - I have a Pixel phone, so Miracast is easy; I already ordered a small 500GB SSD off of Amazon, 90 degree USB-C cables, and did a test-run of streaming an MP4 to the backseats. Not sure if I'll bother with a streaming setup just yet (we have the 4G LTE activated), but yeah, it's gonna be great for long trips. I can't imagine having the 2022 with just "HDMI 1/2." I'd be livid.
Yep, We don't use it much, but it is as good as RSE gets. Mirrors and does everything we want. How they could go backwards for 22 just blows my mind....

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Yep, We don't use it much, but it is as good as RSE gets. Mirrors and does everything we want. How they could go backwards for 22 just blows my mind....
They had to start using inferior chips to make ends meet on the RSE's for 2022. That's why the 2021 RSE is better.

LEO225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Suburban High Country and it did not come with adaptive cruise control. Is it possible to add it?

OP
OP
D

debtjet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Suburban High Country and it did not come with adaptive cruise control. Is it possible to add it?
Considering you currently can't order it, I'm guessing retro-fitting it down the road is gonna be out of the question. It would require an entirely new rearview mirror, sensors out front, and I'm guessing several new CPUs/chips/computer-boxes throughout the vehicle, as well as software changes to the cruise control itself.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a black AT4 back in mid February with almost every available option out there, and I pulled my order a month later because it sat at 1100 status (ordered by dealer). Kind of glad that I cancelled the order because I love the one I bought from a rural GMC dealership in Mississippi. It may not have all of the features I wanted, but it does have the important ones I couldn't live without. AT4's were really hard to find a few months ago, let alone the 2022 color that I got, so I took a chance on the Redwood Metallic sight-unseen, and it paid off. With so many black SUV's on the road, mine would have blended in with all the rest had I continued with my order.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a black AT4 back in mid February with almost every available option out there, and I pulled my order a month later because it sat at 1100 status (ordered by dealer). Kind of glad that I cancelled the order because I love the one I bought from a rural GMC dealership in Mississippi. It may not have all of the features I wanted, but it does have the important ones I couldn't live without. AT4's were really hard to find a few months ago, let alone the 2022 color that I got, so I took a chance on the Redwood Metallic sight-unseen, and it paid off. With so many black SUV's on the road, mine would have blended in with all the rest had I continued with my order.
You mention going with the red, and i agree, we ordered a 22 in satin steel, never got picked up so reprdered a 23 in radiant red. In the tahoes and suburbans i see on the road, most are either, white, black, or the grey colors. Only ever seen 1 red tahoe. So being somewhat different from the crowd is nice.

ginandtonic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You mention going with the red, and i agree, we ordered a 22 in satin steel, never got picked up so reprdered a 23 in radiant red. In the tahoes and suburbans i see on the road, most are either, white, black, or the grey colors. Only ever seen 1 red tahoe. So being somewhat different from the crowd is nice.
However, black just looks so good when it’s clean!

Attachments

• 600468EC-3090-4A95-80D5-D480A25D3F7B.jpeg
    600468EC-3090-4A95-80D5-D480A25D3F7B.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 7

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called Redwood Metallic, and it's not the red you're thinking of in the traditional sense. In sunlight, it has the coloration of root beer. In the shadows or overcast days, it looks like a muted burgandy. That's what kept me on the fence regarding this color, because the only pictures online of the color were taken on overcast days. Then just days before I pulled the trigger on a Midnight Blue AT4, a daylight picture of Redwood Metallic popped up. From there, I out-right bought it from that Mississippi dealer.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called Redwood Metallic, and it's not the red you're thinking of in the traditional sense. In sunlight, it has the coloration of root beer. In the shadows or overcast days, it looks like a muted burgandy. That's what kept me on the fence regarding this color, because the only pictures online of the color were taken on overcast days. Then just days before I pulled the trigger on a Midnight Blue AT4, a daylight picture of Redwood Metallic popped up. From there, I out-right bought it from that Mississippi dealer.
Yeah we thought about that red color as well, but looked to brown in some of the pics we had seen of it. It looks **** the color changes wildly depending on lighting conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879