Wow, ordering what I want almost seems hopeless...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, black just looks so good when it’s clean!
Sure does, but only stays clean maybe 15 seconds...Hell, my Satin Steele looks dirty/dusty after 24 hours. It is the first non-white Tahoe/Suburban i've ever owned ('96 Tahoe, '98 Tahoe, '99 Suburban, '04 Suburban, '13 Suburban were all white), and about 60% of the time I find myself wishing I had ordered White Frost...but it does look good w/ my boat.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure does, but only stays clean maybe 15 seconds...Hell, my Satin Steele looks dirty/dusty after 24 hours. It is the first non-white Tahoe/Suburban i've ever owned ('96 Tahoe, '98 Tahoe, '99 Suburban, '04 Suburban, '13 Suburban were all white), and about 60% of the time I find myself wishing I had ordered White Frost...but it does look good w/ my boat.

wife originally wanted white...we had a white AT4 and she said she didn't want the Z71 to remind her of the AT4 so ordered satin steel...then she saw a midnight blue in extremely bright sunshine and decided to change the color on the order. midnight blue is nothing more than an off shade of black 98% of the time. needless to say we are now on the hunt for a beige Z71. I'm not crazy about it, white would be simpler, but beige is better than what we have now. granted we at least had our order accepted/built/delivered

ginandtonic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wife originally wanted white...we had a white AT4 and she said she didn't want the Z71 to remind her of the AT4 so ordered satin steel...then she saw a midnight blue in extremely bright sunshine and decided to change the color on the order. midnight blue is nothing more than an off shade of black 98% of the time. needless to say we are now on the hunt for a beige Z71. I'm not crazy about it, white would be simpler, but beige is better than what we have now. granted we at least had our order accepted/built/delivered
Lol… This is awesome. My wife seems to use a similar method when she is trying to make decisions.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an expensive way to decide on a color!

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol… This is awesome. My wife seems to use a similar method when she is trying to make decisions.

That’s an expensive way to decide on a color!

for sure...the AT4 was one of the few vehicles that she has ever anticipated/waited on when it was announced in early 2020...then we found one and literally bought it on her birthday in at the end of Dec. fast forward a year and it was a nightmare of a vehicle with mickey mouse stuff constantly keeping it in the shop.

will say we came out decent on selling the AT4 (even with 45k miles) and I think she'd been fine with the satin steel but ended up with the midnight blue. it's nice, but we run the roads quite a bit and I think it's looked clean maybe 3-4 days since April when we bought it (bought it at the end of April and have 8k on it with a couple weeks of staying home with the kids on summer break).

TLobo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar situation as some others. I ordered a Yukon Denali in November 2021. It includes adaptive cruise and other features that are now the Reserve Package, before the “Reserve” was a thing. It still hasn’t been accepted. Likely rolling to a ‘23. I told my dealer to change it to the new Denali Ultimate. I got lucky, someone backed out of a Yukon XL AT4, so I bought it to drive now, but not having adaptive cruise is frustrating, and it’s the XL which is just too big for what I want/need.
I wanted the Denali Ultimate as well but was disappointed that the only interior color was Alpine Umber (which I’m not a fan of) so, just ordered a Denali with everything the Ultimate has and able to get my black on black.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted the Denali Ultimate as well but was disappointed that the only interior color was Alpine Umber (which I’m not a fan of) so, just ordered a Denali with everything the Ultimate has and able to get my black on black.
I thought the Alpine looked a little orange in some of the photos, but the one video from the NYAS made it look pretty good. Mine is on order, hopefully it comes looking nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432