Wow, ordering what I want almost seems hopeless...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luckylou

Reaction score
1100? Im not at my comouter to look, but that code seems like it hasn't even been put in by your dealer yet. Or if it has, your dealer hasnt been attempting to let you know whats going on and why the huge delay, ir to see what you could change to get it built.
For a list of codes look at "Order Codes" in General Discussion or search "order codes".

acapote86

Reaction score
I placed an order for a Yukon and Tahoe at different dealerships. The $500 deposit are refundable so its not a big deal. I will take delivery on which ever comes first. I was able to get Supplier pricing on both orders.

As of now I have a TPW for 6/13 on the Tahoe and nothing on the Yukon. The Yukon will most likely be a 2023 at this point. For supplier discount I have to keep the vehicle for 6 months. So maybe I will take delivery of the Tahoe, and either sell or trade the 22 Tahoe in for a 23 Yukon and make a profit.
How did the dealer react to your supplier pricing discount? I’ve heard mixed reviews on people being denied. I am waiting to show it to my dealer when I go pick up the truck.

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
Most dealers around me said they would do supplier pricing. My neighbor is actually going to use the friends and family supplier pricing through me as well. So we have 2 Tahoes ordered at the same dealer.

The Tahoe dealer has the whole purchase agreement signed along with a solid number for my trade on the paperwork.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Most dealers around me said they would do supplier pricing. My neighbor is actually going to use the friends and family supplier pricing through me as well. So we have 2 Tahoes ordered at the same dealer.

The Tahoe dealer has the whole purchase agreement signed along with a solid number for my trade on the paperwork.
Talked to 2 dealers locally who 'accepted' it. Rick Hendrix did but then they had about $5k in ******** dealer add ons. The other dealer sold it straight up, no markup, but that was a few months ago and will be waiting till end of year most likely as I won't move forward without adaptive cruise or supercruise.

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
Talked to 2 dealers locally who 'accepted' it. Rick Hendrix did but then they had about $5k in ******** dealer add ons. The other dealer sold it straight up, no markup, but that was a few months ago and will be waiting till end of year most likely as I won't move forward without adaptive cruise or supercruise.

Some dealers around here are more than happy to take the order but they have no allocations. The largest Chevy dealership by me is Bob Johnsons. They own about 4 Chevy Dealers and 3 GMC dealers. They said they would do it but could not tell me if they had an allocation.

Another dealer I tried with locally was entering the order when I was there and the order got rejected by GM since they did not have allocations for LT Signature Package. They did call me back 2 weeks ago to say they finally had an allocation for a Tahoe Duramax with LT Signature package but at that point I already had a built for my current order for next week 6/13.

Another dealer told me they would take the order was well and my buddy placed an order with them. It’s in the system but has not been accepted by GM for production. It’s been about 6 weeks and still nothing. He did order an RST. I believe those are still constrained.

The dealer I went with I bought a Silverado from couple of years ago. I also know him and his family pretty well. They jumped all over the order, and said I was the next Tahoe order the second they an allocation. They were able to put the order into the system but it took 3 weeks for GM to accept it for production. I am hoping it gets built next week like everything is saying as of right now.

The Yukon order I have is still just sitting there waiting for GM to pick it up. If that one ever comes in I will probably trade the 22 Tahoe in for that one. At this point I am thinking this will turn into a 2023 order.

Another GMC dealer told me they had a wait list for 1 yr. They would call me if someone passed on their spot.

Most GMC dealers were telling me 4-6 months for a Yukon.

Comparing this to when I ordered my 2021 BMW X3 M40i last year is nuts. I placed my order for my BMW. They accepted the order and it was scheduled for production 4 weeks later. I did performance center delivery and flew out to Greenville, SC to pick up my new car. BMW paid for my hotel and food while we were down there. Did couple of driving events in a similar vehicle, took a factory tour. Sat down with the Genius for 2 hrs to go over the whole vehicle. They paired my phone and configured all my hard buttons and I drove it home.

jhbaker12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar situation as some others. I ordered a Yukon Denali in November 2021. It includes adaptive cruise and other features that are now the Reserve Package, before the “Reserve” was a thing. It still hasn’t been accepted. Likely rolling to a ‘23. I told my dealer to change it to the new Denali Ultimate. I got lucky, someone backed out of a Yukon XL AT4, so I bought it to drive now, but not having adaptive cruise is frustrating, and it’s the XL which is just too big for what I want/need.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the adaptive cruise works as (un)well as the lane change assist, I would definitely not wait around for it. One of my tech glitches is the crash warning that is really afraid of things that are yellow and freaks out at school buses (in the oncoming lane) and yellow road signs. I would not trust the adaptive cruise I am sure it shares some of the tech from the crash warning. I can see it jamming on your brakes as a school bus rolls by and you get rear ended.

Savage Pancake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some dealers around here are more than happy to take the order but they have no allocations. The largest Chevy dealership by me is Bob Johnsons. They own about 4 Chevy Dealers and 3 GMC dealers. They said they would do it but could not tell me if they had an allocation.

Another dealer I tried with locally was entering the order when I was there and the order got rejected by GM since they did not have allocations for LT Signature Package. They did call me back 2 weeks ago to say they finally had an allocation for a Tahoe Duramax with LT Signature package but at that point I already had a built for my current order for next week 6/13.

Another dealer told me they would take the order was well and my buddy placed an order with them. It’s in the system but has not been accepted by GM for production. It’s been about 6 weeks and still nothing. He did order an RST. I believe those are still constrained.

The dealer I went with I bought a Silverado from couple of years ago. I also know him and his family pretty well. They jumped all over the order, and said I was the next Tahoe order the second they an allocation. They were able to put the order into the system but it took 3 weeks for GM to accept it for production. I am hoping it gets built next week like everything is saying as of right now.

The Yukon order I have is still just sitting there waiting for GM to pick it up. If that one ever comes in I will probably trade the 22 Tahoe in for that one. At this point I am thinking this will turn into a 2023 order.

Another GMC dealer told me they had a wait list for 1 yr. They would call me if someone passed on their spot.

Most GMC dealers were telling me 4-6 months for a Yukon.

Comparing this to when I ordered my 2021 BMW X3 M40i last year is nuts. I placed my order for my BMW. They accepted the order and it was scheduled for production 4 weeks later. I did performance center delivery and flew out to Greenville, SC to pick up my new car. BMW paid for my hotel and food while we were down there. Did couple of driving events in a similar vehicle, took a factory tour. Sat down with the Genius for 2 hrs to go over the whole vehicle. They paired my phone and configured all my hard buttons and I drove it home.

If Autotrader is to be believed, there are 2236 brand new Tahoes for sale across the US. Now, of course this is across all trims and colors, but surely there would be a match for someone. Are these truly custom orders people are waiting for?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Autotrader is to be believed, there are 2236 brand new Tahoes for sale across the US. Now, of course this is across all trims and colors, but surely there would be a match for someone. Are these truly custom orders people are waiting for?

chevrolet website is showing over 4000 - and yes, I'd guess at least 75% are custom orders...and the balance are stock orders that are already spoken for...

just send an email to the dealers in any general area and ask about their availability on their in transit SUVs

1654879833141.png

yaww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a Tahoe Premiere last November, still at 1100. I've all but given up hope. I believe I've read that the 2023's order list is out now, or will be soon.
If you have Adaptive Cruise Control (or Premium Package), you will not get that car in 2022. I learned it the hard way after ordering a Premier in January which is also still 1100. Now converting it to 2023 and the system does not even allow adding Adaptive. One GMC dealer told that he did not see any cars with Adaptive in last 5 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove