Would this be a good battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bulk-store like Sam's or Costco around here.

I have AutoZone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly's for parts shops. Anything worth a damn there?
I would google for the nearest interstate dealer to you, you might be surprised there could be something in your area other than a chain store, you could probably have it delivered as well if there is nothing local

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would google for the nearest interstate dealer to you, you might be surprised there could be something in your area other than a chain store, you could probably have it delivered as well if there is nothing local

This would have been the smart thing to do, but I ended up paying $150 for the new Odyssey battery delivered to my door in one day.

It's installed and working as it should.

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
I replaced my factory AC Delco battery on my 2016 Yukon with a Walmart Everstart AGM battery 3 yrs ago and so far no issues. Just make sure to fully charge the battery before you install it due to time spent on the shelf..

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased Interstate H6 (48) AGM battery for $179.99 at Costco. The price was $158.99 two years ago.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the best luck with the cheapest batteries. They’re all made by only a couple of manufacturers anyway. I tried again with a Napa AGM after I put in my sound system and it started dying after 2 years and the warranty was prorated, not free replacement. At least the new battery is free replacement. Next time I have to pay, I’ll be back to the cheapest offering.

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TL:DR Battery decision between ACDelco 48AGM, Optima H6 Yellow, and ask for recommendations.

2012 Yukon SLT 5.3
I am looking at new batteries, have tray for 2nd on DS, but not installed and haven't made / ordered cables yet. Current Interstate 48 SLA (@PS) is testing at 95% capacity at 3yrs old, no real issues other than slow start morning after blasting Dire Straights the night before. Neighbors walking by like my playlist... By slow start I mean battery has gotten low enough that I have to hold key in start position vs just bumping and ecu starts engine. Engine does start in 3 or 4 revolutions at worst. Dash voltmeter climbs well above 14, power port voltmeter shows 14.8 on occassion.

Currently have a tablet (nav, tunes, torque) wireless obd2, laptop charger, ryobi 18v car charger, and anti-stupid missile system connected full time, with dash cam also. Plans are adding a 1 or 2 kilowatt Inverter to the fray, upgrading to headunit that mirrors to a 2nd display (hud projection), mid & low bass amps, underglow, and light bars rivaling the girl's in I am Legend.

2nd Battery diagram will basically be in parallel with first, with Xantrex smart relay (voltage switched) controlling charge. For those wonderful oh $#!+ moments, I will be using a 1000Amp rated 'keyed' disconnect to jump start with. Of course all will be protected by fuse / breakers. And wireloom, zip ties, anti-combustion spells and smattering of fairy dust.

What batteries will I use? Glad you asked...
I wanted ACDelco 48AGM, meets minimum of 660cca, 100RC found on gmpartsonline. O'Reilly says Nay due to underperformance and pushes their 48PLT which, interestingly, has inferior ratings. Optima indicates H6 Yellowtop, and I love all about except price and better meets aux loads. Duracell is crap based on their 24, 27, 31MDT, 78, and 65 performance in my RV shop. The Duracell GC2 is awesome, however. Yeah, BatteriesPlus got an exclusive somehow, not my choice. Also considering Lithium, but having difficulty finding Grp48 with 50AH capacity from reputable dealer, and most warranty require be sent back. Diehard warranty specifies selling dealer for warranty purposes.

Leaning towards Optima H6 for both as I can swap back and forth for balancing, if needed. H6 primary and H7 secondary would be nice. Very interested in opinions of group.

What say you all?

Oh, I also plan on Big 6 as well. Big 3 twice as I am sure I will pooch or change first attempt.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL:DR Battery decision between ACDelco 48AGM, Optima H6 Yellow, and ask for recommendations.

2012 Yukon SLT 5.3
I am looking at new batteries, have tray for 2nd on DS, but not installed and haven't made / ordered cables yet. Current Interstate 48 SLA (@PS) is testing at 95% capacity at 3yrs old, no real issues other than slow start morning after blasting Dire Straights the night before. Neighbors walking by like my playlist... By slow start I mean battery has gotten low enough that I have to hold key in start position vs just bumping and ecu starts engine. Engine does start in 3 or 4 revolutions at worst. Dash voltmeter climbs well above 14, power port voltmeter shows 14.8 on occassion.

Currently have a tablet (nav, tunes, torque) wireless obd2, laptop charger, ryobi 18v car charger, and anti-stupid missile system connected full time, with dash cam also. Plans are adding a 1 or 2 kilowatt Inverter to the fray, upgrading to headunit that mirrors to a 2nd display (hud projection), mid & low bass amps, underglow, and light bars rivaling the girl's in I am Legend.

2nd Battery diagram will basically be in parallel with first, with Xantrex smart relay (voltage switched) controlling charge. For those wonderful oh $#!+ moments, I will be using a 1000Amp rated 'keyed' disconnect to jump start with. Of course all will be protected by fuse / breakers. And wireloom, zip ties, anti-combustion spells and smattering of fairy dust.

What batteries will I use? Glad you asked...
I wanted ACDelco 48AGM, meets minimum of 660cca, 100RC found on gmpartsonline. O'Reilly says Nay due to underperformance and pushes their 48PLT which, interestingly, has inferior ratings. Optima indicates H6 Yellowtop, and I love all about except price and better meets aux loads. Duracell is crap based on their 24, 27, 31MDT, 78, and 65 performance in my RV shop. The Duracell GC2 is awesome, however. Yeah, BatteriesPlus got an exclusive somehow, not my choice. Also considering Lithium, but having difficulty finding Grp48 with 50AH capacity from reputable dealer, and most warranty require be sent back. Diehard warranty specifies selling dealer for warranty purposes.

Leaning towards Optima H6 for both as I can swap back and forth for balancing, if needed. H6 primary and H7 secondary would be nice. Very interested in opinions of group.

What say you all?

Oh, I also plan on Big 6 as well. Big 3 twice as I am sure I will pooch or change first attempt.
None of them. Odyssey is my only choice in Automotive batteries. Here’s a great deal that @Charlie207 found.

then you could use this one for the secondary.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 10yr old Optima RedTop in my Toyota FJ Cruiser started showing its age recently so I replaced it with another, 3 yr warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts