Wooddash trim upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Pretty damn crafty. Did you have the parts hydro dipped? The finish is awesome. You got lucky getting one of those NOS steering wheels.

Just sent you a link that'll help you out while the price and availability are still there.

OP
OP
DIAZ

DIAZ

Reaction score
Funny how everyone always wants what they don't have. I have the denali with the wood trim and I am almost done wrapping the interior to get rid of it lol.

I've always
Funny how everyone always wants what they don't have. I have the denali with the wood trim and I am almost done wrapping the interior to get rid of it lol.

True, but since I have wood trim pieces already it just makes sense to have the steering wheel as well.

OP
OP
DIAZ

DIAZ

Reaction score
Pretty damn crafty. Did you have the parts hydro dipped? The finish is awesome. You got lucky getting one of those NOS steering wheels.

Just sent you a link that'll help you out while the price and availability are still there.

I sent them out to Craft Customs in Texas, from what I read they paint all their wood trim to match to the sample you provide to them.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent them out to Craft Customs in Texas, from what I read they paint all their wood trim to match to the sample you provide to them.
so you sent them each piece that you wanted done?
What is it that they do exactly? is it a wood sticker they are putting over the switches? Or is it real wood? How do they get it to stick to the plastic trim? Doesn't it make everything stick out / bulge out more?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by what I am seeing on the website..

Its either a form of Hydrodipping, or spray paint.

By the overspray I am seeing, its spray paint?

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by what I am seeing on the website..

Its either a form of Hydrodipping, or spray paint.

By the overspray I am seeing, its spray paint?
Good point. Didn't occur to me to actually go to their website lol. Just preoccupied as I'm trying to get my dash back together.

I see overspray, so I'm assuming its spray paint. Looks a lot better than would expect spray paint to look.

OP
OP
DIAZ

DIAZ

Reaction score
Good point. Didn't occur to me to actually go to their website lol. Just preoccupied as I'm trying to get my dash back together.

I see overspray, so I'm assuming its spray paint. Looks a lot better than would expect spray paint to look
Its painted on and it looks factory so no bulging or sticking out or anything. Looks really nice in person.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its painted on and it looks factory so no bulging or sticking out or anything. Looks really nice in person.
It does. I was rather surprised at how nice the paint looks.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the wireless charging pad? Im worried it will make that console pocket too shallow

OP
OP
DIAZ

DIAZ

Reaction score
How do you like the wireless charging pad? Im worried it will make that console pocket too shallow
I love it, it charges great and the phone sits fine, mine slides a little but the phone case that i have is very smooth so its a given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV