WIW - Someone approached my wife in a parking lot..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Someone approached my wife in a parking lot and offered to buy my wheels. Apparently he has the same ones with some defects and can't seem to find them anywhere. I for one have never been in love with my wheels and want to go a different direction but it was always something I figured I'd do eventually since I thought the 22's that were on it were better than having stock ones.

My question to you all is what should I ask for them when I call him? I won't let them go for nothing seeing as I just invested in about $1k worth of tires for it but am certainly interested in finally putting something else on my Tahoe. Let me know what you guys think.

Here's a pic for you guys to get an idea. They are 22" Zinik Z04 Blazer wheels. A quick Google search showed me a site asking $469 a wheel for them.

picture.jpg

4u.jpg

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say if they're in good condition and he seems like he's very interested, and since you just put new shoes on them. I'd go about $350 maybe $400 a wheel. If they're $470 each online, plus shipping, then tires. Hell you could probably ask $500 and it'd still be fair.

If you find some rims that are the same size you can always keep the tires...

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
price out what your looking at for new wheels and ask for right around that, maybe less if their over too far over the $2000 mark. Most used sets of 22s i see for sale are around the 12-1500 range although with new tires you could probably ask for atleast 1700, but i wouldnt expect to get more than $2000.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask him to make you an offer, then tell him yes or no.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That's about what I was hoping to be able to get. I will probably call him today or tomorrow and intended to ask him about what he was willing to pay but I wanted to at least get around 1500 but thought I would see what others thought as well.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i was thinking 1200-1500. good luck

Last edited:

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
defiantly ask high I always do.. see what he would pay. since he needs them cuz he can't find them I would say you have the advantage.
Good Luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts